Monday, January 17, 2011

Marbles Museum

A couple of Fridays ago the boys and I were in the mood for a fun day out so we headed to Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh. We had the best time! My friend Ashley and her son Harrison joined us. Ashley and I had a great time chatting during the 25 minute drive to the museum. No time to chat once we got there as the three boys ran in different directions. David was a trooper and acted more like a 3 year old than a 17 month old. He was so independent, picking and choosing what he wanted to play with and for how long, never looking at me to hold him or help me. I had a hard time keeping an eye on both of the boys since Drew likes to spend hours at each area and David moves through things quickly and is eager to see what's next. After a full day of fun and absolutely zero tears or meltdowns we headed home. Here are some photos of the boys having a blast...


This was the first thing we came to when we walked in. Course Drew grabs a life vest right away and races for the wheel.
Thank goodness this isn't for real.
David making a sandwich.
They had a costume area, Drew's favorite! It went like this... Drew got dressed (sometimes screaming my name for help with a snagged zipper or inside-out costume), then he would head to the stage and make sure the curtain was closed. Then he would instruct me to sit in the front row center. However, he never trusted I was there and would sneak a peak between the curtains to make sure. Finally, he would draw the curtains, quickly show me his costume and then run to the back for another. It went on and on and on. David got bored with it in no time and Ashley and Harrison were well on their way to the 2nd floor so I had to beg Drew to move on, promising to play in the pirate ship next.

David's favorite part of the museum...the Splash Zone. Just great! I had to take off his long sleeve white shirt because it was soaked immediately.

This was his very favorite thing to do. He took all of the cups to the waterfall and filled them up. He did not want to move past this part of the museum! No matter where we went next he would turn around and run right back to this. Fortunately it was located pretty close to the pirate ship where Drew decided to spend a huge chunk of time so I could see them both.
Drew did have to do some serious balancing to stay on the surfboard.

Drew is the one in the uniform and helmet of course!
Scuba man!

I can do it too!
The boys and I (with mouths full of animal crackers) are tired and heading home to rest up and get ready for the LSU bowl game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.