Monday, March 19, 2012

Busy Week!

The last week has been soooo busy! We had lots of fun but man are we tired! I had something four nights in a row. The week started with The Bachelor finale watch party at my house on Monday night followed by book club on Tuesday night. On Wednesday I went to Cristie's to watch Whitley while Cristie and Tom had a work thing and then Thursday night was bunco. Hate to complain since it was all fun stuff but I was exhausted on Friday. It was a gorgeous weekend and we took full advantage by playing outside a lot. Mom and Dad were here too which made it extra fun! Drew had his first spring soccer game. Let's hope he and his team improve or we're in for a rough season! Then on Sunday George and I ran the Tobacco Road 1/2 marathon. It was a little warm and humid but overall it was great! I signed up for my first full marathon so the long runs will have to continue! I'm excited and nervous but Richmond 2012 here I come! It's not till November thank goodness :) George and I took the boys to see The Lorax on Sunday afternoon. It was a good movie and such a fun family outing! During the movie I looked over at my cute little family and was so thankful.



Lunch at Jason's Deli! My personal favorite and thankfully the boys like it too.
David was super popular the other day while playing outside with six girls from the neighborhood. They were all doting on him, waiting in line to get him at the bottom of the slide or help him up the ladder. He even followed the girls inside my neighbors house to watch a movie. It was hysterical. I followed them too but after it was clear that I wasn't needed (or wanted), I went home and got some housework done. The girls brought him home a little while later, all of them trying to hold him on their hips (hee hee), and asked if he could play outside a bit more. Sure!

After being caught by the girls, he turned around to catch one of them coming down. Sweetie!


Batman and Robin helped me make chocolate covered strawberries for my Bachelor party. My neighborhood pals and I had such a fun time watching the finale. George helped me decorate with rose petals and tons of candles. It was a hit! We watch a little bit of the show but it's mostly an excuse to get together on a Monday night for wine and conversation.


Day Day bought this Batcave for the boys and it has been an endless hit!


Whitley is really into Rapunzel and she and the boys played it while we were there. Drew was Flynn Rider and David was the lizard. A little tip... Rapunzel the movie is actually titled Tangled. I didn't realize that while the kids were all repeating that they wanted to watch Rapunzel and Whitley was saying "I have it Aunt Stacy" while holding Tangled and I said, "No, that says Tangled." I felt so stupid because it actually took me a couple of minutes to figure out we were all talking about the same movie. And when I thought about it later, I did know that the was the name of the movie because my sister took Drew and Whitley to see it. Pathetic of me!


Tobacco Road 1/2 marathon.


Settled in for Drew's soccer game.


Action shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.