Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blog Slacker!

I have really been slacking on my posts! It has been such a busy week and although I've tried to start a new post many times, I never made much progress. Plus, I was disappointed that I didn't have better pictures considering we've done lots of fun stuff. Oh well.
Last Sunday I hosted a baby shower for a friend that adopted a baby girl. I had so much fun preparing for it and the shower turned out very nice. It was so special to have little Lelia at the celebration and she was a doll going from one set of arms to another, I'm not even sure if she opened her eyes the whole time! Monday morning we went to our weekly playgroup and Drew had a wonderful time as always. They have a train table and Drew stood at that for most of the two hours we were there and played with all of the cars, trucks and trains. He just can't get enough! On Thursday I had the treat of watching Whitley while my sister was at a training in Cary. Her and Drew were perfect angels and other than figuring out how to get them both up and down the stairs at the same time it was a super easy day! Then Cristie came over after her class and went to Bunco with me. We had a good time and I even walked away with a prize which was a first for me! Friday evening we had pizza with some friends and then our friend Chad from Pittsburgh spent the night. George and Chad took Drew upstairs to play and when I went up there a few minutes later I saw the three of them lounging on the sectional watching Anchorman. Although I know it is an inappropriate movie for kids I thought it was hysterical because Drew looked so engrossed in it. I talked myself into believing that Drew is too young to be effected by it so brushed it off. Chad is so sweet to Drew and they had a blast playing together. Drew was so excited about Chad being there that he protested going to bed and then woke up at 5:30 Saturday morning ready to continue the fun! Luckily he fell back asleep but we got up around 7:30 to start getting ready for the Raleigh Christmas parade. Drew and I met my Aunt Mary and cousin Melanie there and then went to see Melanie's swanky new downtown condo and had lunch a cool place. It was a great day despite the frigid temperatures! Drew's favorite part of the parade was a huge monster truck rented by a local radio station. Drew was amazed and repeated "Mama, big truck!!!!" over and over. The fun continued for Drew Saturday evening when a babysitter arrived and George and I went out to eat. Drew ignored me from the minute she walked in the door. She said Drew was great and told me he was cute at least five times. Of course I love to hear that but then I wondered if she really thinks he's cute or if she just adds that in hopes of a bigger payday. Hmmm.
Kissing Lelia after the baby shower. Drew loves babies and always insists on a kiss! He's such a sweetie.
Just a cute random photo from the week.

Whitley and Drew having breakfast.

Drew trying to kiss Whitley and her trying to push him away!

Bundled up at the Raleigh Christmas parade. It was 26 degrees!

Mae Mae and Drewby at the parade. He only wanted to be with her and my cousin Melanie. He ignored me most of the day :( Drew is wearing his serious face. Guess the large crowd and countless marching bands were a tad overwhelming for him.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.