Thursday, November 13, 2008

More fun with CC and Day Day!

The rest of our visit with my parents was fantastic! They stayed with me on Wednesday night and we had a relaxing day playing with Drew and Whitley (she spent the night!) on Thursday. Then they headed to Cristie's to spend Thursday night. Drew and I went over there Friday morning and had another fun day playing with the kids and then hit Walmart for some toys. Drew got a Cars chair and Whitley got a Dora the Explorer one, Drew got a helmet (Cars of course!) and they both got a couple of other things. Day Day and Drew had a big time at Walmart playing with every single ball in one of the tall ball displays. Drew kept pulling them out and Day Day let him. Walmart even sent three associates over to ask if we needed help. Guess they thought were were just going to play in the store all day and never buy anything. It was pretty funny! Day Day was exhausted and asked how I keep up with Drew all day and take him places. I responded that I don't let Drew pull out all of the balls or do the other wild things he wants to do. Guess that's what makes grandparents so cool! George and I went to East Carolina's homecoming on Saturday while my parents took Drew to Virginia to visit family. They all had a great time and my parents said Drew was absolutely perfect! George and I had a fun time at the game and enjoyed watching the Pirates win in overtime. Drew stayed the night at Cristie's with my parents on Saturday night so I went over there Sunday to get him and spend some more time with Mom and Dad. Then I took them to the airport where we said our goodbyes :( At least Christmas is right around the corner! My parents told me again at the airport how much fun they had with Drew (without me!) on Saturday and how proud he makes them. That made me very proud! Poor Drew had a hard time adjusting to them leaving this trip. He kept going in the guest room and looking for them. He even called CC's name while looking behind the bathroom door and in the closet. Then he went to the bed and said "This is CC"s bed" with the most pitiful look on his face. So sad! He continued to ask for them and look for them until Wednesday. Then today I was reading my sister's blog (www.whitleygrace.blogspot.com) with Drew on my hip and he started screaming "CC!!!!" when he saw her picture. Oops! To distract him I pointed at lots of pictures and asked him to name everyone. He nailed Day Day, Cristie and Whitley (aka "baby"). The way he says Cristie is precious! Here's a few pictures from the weekend...
Sitting on the tractor after a fun ride! The trip to Virginia was a big hit! The Lindseys have tons of fun "toys" for Drew to enjoy!
Drew checks out the cows and twin calfs!

We couldn't even get the Cars chair out of Walmart. Drew insisted on sitting in it through checkout.


Drew and Whitley swap chairs! The Cars chair is a HUGE hit at our house!
Drew's new favorite pastime is to watch Cars while sitting on his Cars chair. He does
it at least once a day.


A whole pig on the grill turns into yummy North Carolina barbecue at the East Carolina tailgate! Mmmmm!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.