Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Celebrating Baby Davis To-Be!

Some wonderful friends and neighbors hosted a beautiful baby shower for me and Baby Davis t0-be on Sunday afternoon. I was in awe of their creativity and hard work! It was a beach themed shower decorated in orange and blue. I just loved it! When guests walked in they were asked to pick a pair of flip flops in their size for a fun craft. We all gathered around a table and decorated our flip flops, it was a really cute idea! Then I had to judge who had the best pair. All 25 pairs were adorable so it was hard to choose. The food was delicious and coordinated with the theme. We filled up on chicken skewers, shrimp skewers, salads and fruits. The cupcakes were something out of a magazine! We all told my friend Sharma she should open a cupcake business, her talent is really something. Baby Davis got some wonderful gifts, as did big brother Drew. It was so sweet of people to think of him as well! I was so honored by the shower and I'm very thankful for such wonderful friends! As for the pregnancy, everything is going very well! The baby is no longer in the breach position and my placenta is no longer too low for a regular delivery. Therefore, a c-section isn't needed and we'll just wait for Baby Davis to arrive when he's ready! We're so excited! I'm a little over 36 weeks along so we only have about four to go. Oh my goodness!

With Kristen and the "It's a Boy" martini glass she gave me. I enjoyed the yummy punch that I was drinking but I'm looking forward to filling it up with the real thing in a few weeks!
Guests signed the invitation and it was framed for me to keep. It's so pretty!

The utensils were wrapped in little napkin diapers and clipped with a diaper pin. So cute!

Adorable cupcakes that my friend Sharma made! Mine was the one with the baby crab :)

Making flip flops. Such a cute idea! They had tons of ribbon, buttons, flowers, and other fun stuff for decorating.
Unwrapping gifts. This was a soft lovey from Judy.
A cute "Property of Mom" onesie. Sooooo tiny!
Definitely one of my favorites gifts! I just can't wait for Drew's little brother to get here so they can wear these shirts!!!

Melanie, Cristie, Aunt Mary, Judy and I (local family).
My sweet sister!
My wonderful friends and the hosts of the shower; Julie, Sharma, Sharon, Beth and Michelle.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.