Friday, July 24, 2009

Honest Drew

It's Friday night and I'm trying to recall what we did this week. Whitley came over on Monday while Cristie and Tom went to a movie. I enjoyed playing with her while Drew napped and then we all had fun together when Drew woke up. I couldn't believe how quickly Drew jumped out of his bed when he heard her voice in his bedroom! He was so excited to see her and wanted to hog her, leaving me out! He kept asking me to leave the room so just he and her could play. Drew plays by himself a lot but I was reluctant to leave them alone since Drew can be rough with her even when he doesn't mean to be and Whitley is a little young to play unsupervised. Drew closed the door at one point and after a few seconds I heard Whitley cry. I went right back in and found her sitting on the floor crying. I asked Drew what happened and he said, "I closed the door on you Mommy and Whitley tried to open the door so I held her and she fell and she is crying." It made me laugh a bit (after I made sure Whitley was fine of course!) because Drew is so honest these days! He is such a talker and can tell me word for word what has happened while I'm away. It's really neat when we have babysitters or if he plays with a friend. It's not just when we are away of course, we constantly get a kick out of the things he recalls and tells us about. Today I had a hard time putting Drew down for his nap because we had a big day at the pool and he was overtired. When he woke up from his nap at 6pm George went to get him. The first thing he said was, "Daddy, I'm in big trouble. Mommy put me in my bed and I got up to get my toys and she came in and she showed me her mad face and then I showed her my sad face and she took my toys and they are in the hallway." I couldn't have recalled it better myself! Of course he wasn't still in trouble and I gave him extra kisses for being so darn cute and funny! So besides watching Whitley on Monday and going to the pool Thursday and Friday, we also went to the library and did lots of playing at home while I continued to work on house stuff. I'm slowing but surely checking things off the to-do list! I even have an ugly burn mark on my arm to prove it that I got while ironing curtains. I detest that job!

Whitley enjoyed Uncle George's play dough creatures just as much as Drew does! They just finished making a shark.
Drew flips through one of his selections at the library. We continue to enjoy going there. The teacher commented this week that Drew is always so attentive and sweet sitting in the very front. I was proud!

Reading the library books as soon as we got home from the library. It's amazing how quickly Drew memorizes the books. By bedtime that night, he was calling out the titles in the order in which he wanted me to read them. I could barely recall what we checked out!

Drew in Baby Davis's car seat :) Boy how he's grown in 2 1/2 years!!! Drew watched me clean it and asked if he could try it out. He immediately said, "I'm too big. Baby brother can fit in it." He talks more and more about baby brother every day! It's so fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.