Sunday, August 2, 2009

CC's Here!

CC arrived on Thursday evening to await Baby Davis with us! We're so glad she's here! Her birthday was on Friday and Drew was so excited about it that he begged her to open his card and gift as soon as she got here on Thursday. Of course she did! Before CC arrived, we had a pretty busy week. Family friends, Barb and Rog, visited Monday on their way through town. It was so wonderful to see them! Drew did a lot of showing off but overall was a pretty good boy. The rest of the week was filled with our usual stuff - errands, a trip to the library, family walks, and lots of playtime. I also signed Drew up for preschool! It's pretty hard to get into preschool around here (ridiculous, I know!) so he's on the waiting list for the schools I originally preferred. Instead of hoping for a call, I decided to take one of the last spots at the YMCA's preschool which is held at a local church. I'm sure he will love it and I know he will enjoy the time with kids his age, especially with the new baby's arrival. Drew starts after Labor Day but he's already counting the seconds! He asked me today if he could go and looked quite puzzled when I told him it wasn't time yet. I'm thrilled that he's so excited and I hope the excitement continues when school begins.
Drew and Barb cool off with a drink on the porch.
Drew opens CC's birthday gift, a watch! Happy Birthday CC!!!

CC puts her old watch on Drew. He was so excited! He always asks me for a Diego watch but Target wants a lot more for it than I'm willing to pay for a two year old that can't tell time! He was happy with CC's black watch :)
CC and Drew play in the pool!
Lots of fun with the noodle.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.