Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Merry Christmas in 2009

I'll go ahead and admit that I'm embarrassed by this blog post. We had a wonderful Christmas filled with lots of time with family and I have hardly any pictures to remember it by! It was a busy holiday with an excited 3 year old, a baby, company, cooking and the other tasks that come with Christmas so we just didn't find time to take many pictures. I'm more disappointed than ever because George and the boys gave me THE BEST Christmas present - a book of my 2008 blog and it makes me want to do better with postings. George wanted to see the book before printing 2009 but we love it so much that we plan to get it done this week. I know I'll look back and wish I would have taken more photos of this Christmas. I don't even have a picture of either Grandmother. Sorry CC and Me-Ma! I'll do better next year! We did have a great Christmas! It was so special with Drew being totally into it and having sweet baby David too! Drew saw an ad in Toys R Us a couple of months ago and fell in love with a silver castle. He was consistent with his wish and told Santa in addition to everyone on the street that he wanted it. As the weeks passed, he imagined the silver castle complete with a green dragon, a bad man (a knight) and a princess. I was out shopping on the 23rd trying to get my hands on a darn green dragon that would fit the castle. Santa found all the pieces and the silver castle was a huge hit! Drew and David also got tons and tons of wonderful gifts from family and friends! I don't plan on shopping for toys anytime soon, they are set for a really long time! CC, Day Day and Me-Ma were here Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with us which was very special! In addition to the generous gifts, they also spoiled the boys with lots of hugs and kisses. We turned a home gym that was rarely used into a second guest bedroom so everyone was very comfortable. We now have lots of space for guests so please come visit! I'll be back with a post in the New Year!


The ridiculous amount of gifts!
Drew seeing the silver castle he's been dreaming of!

Playing the guitar from Me-Ma. He's a cute little rocker!

David checks out a toy from CC and Day Day.
Drew is super excited about a gift from Aunt Kim and Uncle Dreg. He was playing with a scuba diver at their house last month so it was so sweet of them to remember and get him a set with a scuba guy and all the fish!

Drew digs a pirate ship from the Watson's!
Whitley tries on the Snow White crown from the dress-up set we got her. Pretty!

Aunt Cristie and David enjoy a pretty day outside.
Dimple David!
David helps Day Day out and holds the bottle himself.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.