Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mini Road Trip

On Wednesday the boys and I along with Aunt Mae Mae went to Laurinburg for my great Aunt Irene's 90th birthday! She was very happy we came and we're glad we could help make her birthday extra special! Laurinburg is only less than two hours away but the ride home took quite a bit longer than that with two nursing stops for David and two potty breaks for Drew. When we pulled off the highway there weren't any places to take Drew to pee so he had to use an Elmo potty in the car! My friend Sharma told me to always have a travel potty for that reason and I'm glad I took her advice. Drew wouldn't sit on the potty to pee because "big boys stand up" so I held the potty up to try and reduce spray in the van. His leg was leaning against the play button so the potty was screaming "WAY TO GO! YOU WENT IN THE POTTY!" (in Spanish no less!) the whole time. It was quite a sight and Mae Mae and I got quite a laugh! Our mini trip was an adventure to say the least but it was an enjoyable day. Turning 90 is a big deal so definitely worth the trip for us. Happy birthday Aunt Irene!


Drew plays with the car Uncle Al picked out for him. So sweet!
Uncle Al, Aunt Irene, David and Mae Mae
I was too slow snapping the picture and Drew was already on the run.
A little picture of David checking out the Christmas tree at home this week. He just loves the lights and ornaments!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.