Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fall Fun

We've done a few fun things this Fall that haven't fit into other blog posts. Here's some pictures....


We went to the North Carolina State Fair a few weeks ago. It's a big deal here but I can't say I was impressed much. There were a few neat things but for the most part, we just walked around people-watching and eating. After trying just about every fried food they sold, I announced to George that the food was gross. When he asked me what I expected, I replied, "Food like Jazz Fest." We got a big laugh! It was a far, far cry from Jazz Fest!
David's first corndog! I had to remove the breading because it was so thick and greasy and he still had a stomachache the next day, poor little guy!
The petting zoo was definitely the highlight of the night!

David petted every animal. We were holding up the line big time!

Here's Drew at the park at his preschool. I went to his Harvest Party and had a ball with him. We went on a hayride, played lots of fun games, did crafts and ate yummy treats! Drew was very proud to have me in his classroom and I was proud of him too!
David making his nightly mess! He eats dinner so fast that many nights we give him a popsicle to kill time while we finish eating. He loves that treat!
Drew after lunch one day.
Our crowd at the ECU/Navy game. George and I went to Greenville last weekend to tailgate with friends, go to the game and spend the night. The weather and game were horrible but we had a good time catching up with friends! Drew spent the night with Aunt Cristie and Mae Mae came to stay with David. Thanks to them, George and I had a worry-free time! Both boys had a blast too! Drew didn't even want to come home. I understood why when I heard about all of the fun things Aunt Cristie and Uncle Tom planned for the kids. Check out T's blog to see for yourself! http://www.whitleygrace.blogspot.com/ I was so happy to see Drewby but the feeling was not mutual. The entire way home I listened to him whine, "I want our home to be just like Cristie's home, I want our food to be just like Cristie's food (Easy Mac for dinner and chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast), I want our toys to be just like Tom's toys (Tom pulled out Star Wars toys from his childhood! How am I supposed to compete with that?!?), I just want to go back to Cristie's house.....Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" David was just as smitten with Mae Mae, giving her tons of hugs as she tried to head home on Sunday. Guess the boys just don't miss me as much as I miss them!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.