Saturday, March 5, 2011

March Madness

The first week of March was a rocky one around here. Nothing major, just me being home alone with the boys and having some "woe is me" moments. The boys always seem to be a little more wild when George is traveling and they definitely listen to me even less than usual. Drew busted his chin on the playground at school so that added to the madness. Luckily, taking him to see the Doc wasn't nearly as bad as I imagined. David actually stayed still while they worked on Drew. I think he was just in awe of it all. I have to say, Drew is one tough cookie. His teacher has contacted me twice since the incident just to tell me that she can't believe Drew wasn't phased a bit by the fall or injury. If she wouldn't have noticed the blood she said he would have continued playing. He didn't wince once while the gash was cleaned or glued. I was so proud of him until I realized that his tough attitude wasn't going to help the healing process. I have screamed "Be careful of your chin!!!" a hundred times since the incident. He just plays like nothing ever happened which is probably while it isn't exactly healing as planned. He put on a dozen different costume masks today, scrapping his chin every time, until it bled through the band aid - again! So, back to the wild week... George flew back to North Carolina on Thursday but had a conference in Charlotte at the Great Wolf Lodge. The boys and I drove there to meet him. My friend Jodi lives in Charlotte so we visited her and her three boys on the way. It was good to see her precious family! The Great Wolf Lodge is an indoor water park and it also has some other cool activities. The boys and I stayed busy walking around and checking out the place while George was at the conference. Then we ate a quick dinner before going to story time and then calling it a night. We went to the water park first thing in the morning and had a great time there! I forgot how fun those water slides are! While going up a ridiculously high flight of stairs Drew asked, "Mom, why do you like the rides but all you do is scream, scream, scream?" It's true. I am one of those people that pretty much squeals and screams the whole way down. But I do love it! Drew loved the slides and kept his chin in tact all day. David didn't get in on the action much but he seemed to enjoy people watching. Toward the end of the day, we had a real scare with Drew. In a matter of seconds we lost sight of him. I won't get into the details here (mostly because I don't want to read this 10 or 20 years from now and have to re-live it!) but George and I were beyond scared and when we finally found Drew (in the wave pool!) we called it a day. We were so weak from worry and decided it was time to go home. So, we were happy to get home and have a relaxing weekend in store.

Jodi, Rupert, Drew and the two David's.
Drew and little Joshua.
George and the boys listening to story time at the Great Wolf Lodge.
Drew after meeting Wiley the Wolf.
David wasn't as thrilled to meet Wiley.
David had to stop for a sip on the way to the water park. He is obsessed with water fountains. Constantly repeating, "No, yuk, germs" hasn't deterred him in the least.
Getting ready to play!
This is how David reacted to the water park. A little timid, scared and reluctant to get in the water.
Drew jumped right in of course.

Livin' on the edge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.