Monday, March 28, 2011

More March

March is about over and although we had a few spring days, we also had quite a few cold ones too. Lots of rain and even sleet yesterday. Speaking of that, while I was on the porch trying to convince Bailey to go outside in the sleet, David took a pen from my desk and decorated the couch. I wish I had a picture of the guilty look on his face when I walked in! In other March news, George turned 36! The boys and I baked a chocolate cake from scratch and the four of us celebrated during George's lunch break on his birthday. We thought it was a nice little party until Drew asked, "Why isn't there anyone here other than our whole little family?" I told him that not everyone gets to rent out the Jump Zone and invite 25 friends. I think he felt sorry for George. George had a great day though; he got lots of triathlon gear and some clothes from me (which he likes and fit great!) Then he and I went out to dinner that night. Happy birthday George!!! Another highlight of March was running the Tobacco Road 1/2 marathon. It was my first one and it was awesome! I was very proud of my time - 1 hr 39 minutes. The boys cheered for me from two spots on the course and then met me at the finish line. So fun! The rest of the month has been filled with play dates, trips to the park, library story time and lots of play time outside, no matter the weather!
What happened to spring? Drew sports his new Star Wars pajamas.
A nice day at the park.

On the tobacco trail. I'm in the pink shorts :)
With my running buddy Camille.

Happy birthday George!
Holding up his new triathlon transition bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.