Saturday, December 31, 2011

Merry Christmas Y'all!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful new year! Ours is off to a good start. I regret not doing a Christmas blog right after the holidays because now we're into January and it's just another thing on my to-do list. We're leaving for Disney (whoop whoop!!) in a couple of days so it's now or never. I'll list things out as bullets in order to be a little quicker... laundry and packing calls!

* I enjoyed two fun and festive holiday parties at Duke. It was great to get to know my co-workers a little better in a social setting. New employees are urged (required, more like it) to participate in the holiday skit. I tried not to let on that I actually love that kind of thing! I think it was obvious though. I had a great time rehearsing and performing the skit and we got tons of laughs!
* The boys had fun celebrating the holidays at school and came home with tons of adorable crafts.
* Christmas Bunco for me. We don't play in December but do a white elephant ornament exchange instead. That game never gets old and I was pleased to go home with an ornament I like.
* We went to Polar Express Night at Prestonwood. It consisted of a delicious buffet, train ride around the golf course, reading of The Polar Express, and a visit with Santa. We shared a table with our good friends, The Campbell's. It was a very fun night.
* Judy arrived on Christmas Eve and then we went to the Watson's for a fun afternoon. My parents were there as well as the Gunderson's. We ate tons of delicious food, opened a couple of gifts, played with the kiddos and even snuggled on the couch for a movie.
* I was looking forward to making cookies for Santa with the kids but both boys fell asleep on the way home from Cristie's. They stayed asleep through pj's and potty so I guess they were whipped! It ended up working out well because George and I were able to start our Santa duties pretty early.
* Christmas morning was fun! CC, Day Day and Me-Ma were here too. The strangest thing happened. Drew's alarm went off on his new Darth Vader alarm clock. He got it for his birthday and the alarm never went off the two weeks between then and Christmas. But on Christmas morning it buzzed at 6:45am! He was convinced Santa set it for him which was pretty cute! Obviously, the button must have gotten pressed accidentally. We're just thankful it was set for 6:45 and not 5!
* The Watson's came over around lunchtime and we all had a fun day together. We did lots of eating of course; snacks and a light lunch followed by a turducken Christmas dinner. Yum! After dinner we did lots of singing! More on that in the pictures below :)
* My parents went home on the 26th. I've been teasing them that they must have gotten sick of us pretty quickly. Judy stuck it out one more night and went home on the 27th.
* I worked two days the week in between Christmas and New Years. The boys' school was closed so George took off work. They had a fun time and played lots of Wii!. We have all enjoyed Drew's gift. I am amazed at how quickly Drew picked it up. He is definitely way, way better than me but thankfully has the patience to teach me how to play.
* New Years Eve party at our neighbors' house. It was our 3rd year celebrating there and was fun yet again!

Wishing you a wonderful 2012!





On the front steps of Prestonwood getting ready for Polar Express night. The kids were supposed to wear pajamas. Wish the adults could have too.
The boys with their friends Ben and Nathan (aka The Real Nathan).



Shy David and super-cheese Drewby with Santa.



Christmas Eve



Fun racetrack from Me-Ma. She always find the coolest stuff on QVC :)



Oops! The kids got into Whitley's new make-up set and the boys got pedicures. Cristie said not to worry because the nail polish wasn't real. I've got news, it's January 8th and the boys still have some pink on their toes!



Nice pictures of Judy and George.



T and I with our gifts from Mae Mae.



David can't get enough of Whitley! Sweeties!



Drew with Mario Kart, a game for his new Wii.



So many fun presents!



Even Bailey got to open a couple of gifts!



Cristie got THE BEST gift, a sing-and-stand karaoke machine. You just plug an ipod into it, fade out the "real" singer, and go to town. It is an absolute blast. I sang more than my share of tunes despite the boos and endless pleading to stop. It was a hit with everyone. Drew and Whitley sang together and so did George and I. It was the icing on the cake to our wonderful Christmas! Thanks for sharing T!



Drew and Tom are up!



CC and Day Day with their Grands.



Love this picture. Not sure what they are laughing about but something tells me it was potty talk!



Pretty Grandmothers!



Handsome guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.