Thursday, May 17, 2012

Special Times With Drew

We've had quite a few fun nights with Drew lately.  My personal favorite was the Mother-Son dance at Prestonwood.  Drew was the perfect date!  The minute he put on his tie, he put the charm on too.  He pulled out my chair at our table and offered to order my drink.  When I asked him where he got the thoughtful ideas, he replied "I saw it somewhere."  He also passed me the bread basket first and used his manners all evening.  The event was very nice, filled with fun games, dancing, a tasty meal and corsages and boutonnieres too.  They played two line dances, one for the Mom's (the YMCA) and one for the kids (The Cupid Shuffle).  I'm sure I embarrassed Drew with my excitement over the Cupid Shuffle.  I was on the dance floor front and center for that one!  A funny little story - Drew picked out my dress for the dance.  He was hysterical.  When I left for work that morning he somberly asked if the skirt and blouse I was wearing was also my outfit for the dance.  I told him that I didn't think so but wasn't sure.  He said, "I hope not cause you're supposed to get something new for the dance."  Well, it was too late for that.  As we were getting ready, I pulled out a black dress and asked him what he thought.  He said, "Eh, it's ok."  George and I were shocked.  I came back out with a black and white one.  He looked at it and said, "You can wear the other dress if you want to."  At that point I sent him in my closet and told him to choose something.  He picked a colorful dress, mostly blue - his favorite color.  He even told me that my dress matched his tie :) 

Another evening last week Drew, George and I went on a long bike ride.  He's gotten the hang of riding without his training wheels and is very proud.  We rode bikes for 45 minutes.  I was impressed! 

Another highlight of the week was Drew's first concert.  We went to see the Zac Brown Band.  They are a favorite for George and I so we were thrilled to see them again and share it with Drew.  We took my cousin Melanie with us as well and we all had a great time.  Drew did get really tired toward the end and almost fell asleep leaning on George.  Heck, the band didn't come on till 9pm so it was 11 before it was over and past midnight by the time we got home.  Drew was such a trooper! 

So, where was David during all of this?  He was at CC and Day Day's house!  My parents really wanted to have him for a few days and it seemed like a good time.  David didn't even miss us, more to come on that in another post. 

My darling date for the Mother Son dance. 
Our good friends Kristen and Nathan went too. 
He looks so grown up!

Coming around for the limbo. 
I love this picture of Drew.  He got out during one
of the games and this is how he watched the rest
of the boys finish up. 
Photo with friends. 
Ninja pose.  They waited all night for this. 
Drew asked us to take the picture so his grandparents could
see how long the trail is. 
Arriving at the concert. 
Sweet Mel Mel and Drew chatted non-stop while we waited
for the band to start. 
We had lawn seats so George and I took turns
holding Drew so he could see. 
Two of my handsome boys.
The temperature really dropped during the show.  Drew
put on his jacket and used our picnic blanket to wrap up.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.