Friday, September 19, 2008

Miiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnneeeeeeeee!!!!

Another week flies by! Judy visited for a couple of days and we had a little belated birthday celebration for her. We did some shopping, lots of playing and ate way too much strawberry cake (my Aunt Kim's delicious recipe!) I actually just finished the last piece and it was yummy if I do say so myself.
Drew's vocabulary has exploded recently! A lot of what he says still makes zero sense to us but a lot of it is crystal clear. He doesn't just say words, he says full sentences. For instance, he dropped a full bottle of water yesterday and said clear as day "I made a mess" and then followed me as I cleaned it up saying "there's more mess, that's my mess, I made a mess, there's a mess, my mess." I was really tickled by it so it took me forever to clean it up. Then today he looked at his pillow, pointed to a star and asked "What's that?" When I responded that it was "stars" he proceeded to point out every star and say "there's a star" or "that's a star" and then when we read Goodnight Moon tonight he said it over and over for every picture. So precious! Another big deal for us is that Drew let's us know when he goes #2. He says "stinky" and then points to his diaper. It's usually pretty obvious that he is going because he stands in the corner, bends over, and his face turns red but just in case we miss all of that, we know he'll tell us! It's not all peaches and cream though, he has started doing some less exciting things as well. One of them is his new obsession with the words "mine" and "no." Although I hate hearing it, it's not quite as horrible when we're in our own home and a friend picks up one of his toys. Although he should be sharing, at least it actually is his. That wasn't the case on Tuesday when we went to Harris Teeter and he wouldn't part with the "Customer in Training" cart. As the cashier rung up our groceries, another associate tried to move the cart out of the way. Whoa baby! Drew let out the loudest "miiiiiiiiiiinnnnnneeeeee" I've ever heard. I didn't even know he could scream that loud! My face turned bright red as the other customers looked our way immediately. Fortunately there were only about 5 other people nearby since it was 11am on a weekday. The Manager of the store came over and asked if he could carry my groceries to the car so I could handle Drew. I politely declined, being confident that I could handle the situation. Then I bent down to Drew's level and tried to explain that the cart actually wasn't his and that he needed to release the death grip he had on the handle and walk with me to the car. Forget it! What a waste of time that was. Luckily the Manager came back and offered his help one more time. This time I gladly accepted and he grabbed the bags while I attempted to coral the wild beast that took over my son's body. The Manager was so nice and tried to make conversation on the walk out. He told me he had a 3, 6, and 9 year old and that Drew didn't do anything he hadn't seen before. Talk about customer service! I told him Drew wasn't even two yet so I wasn't expecting that kind of behavior and then he dropped the bomb that age three is worse than two. What??? Surely he was mistaken so I asked my neighbor later that day since she has two kids, five and three. Her exact words were "He's correct. Three is the new two." Not possible! Overall, Drew is a good boy; he's funny, charming, sweet, adorable, smart, athletic (as far as a 21 month old goes!), and so darn lovable. So if he wants to embarrass me in public every once in a while, I'll have to live with that. Have a great weekend!
Drew and Logan riding in a play car at the mall.
Reunited with his tractor trailer from Day Day that we accidentally left in Myrtle Beach! He started playing with it as soon as Judy brought it in the house (notice the door to the garage). Bailey wants to know what the hype is about.
It's heavy!
Trying on a super cute hat at The Gap. I know he won't wear it so decided to spend my $16.50 elsewhere.
Sharing a banana with Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.