Sunday, September 21, 2008

Monkeying around!

Another weekend comes to an end so as I wait for Entourage to start I wanted to post a few pictures from our zoo visit on Saturday. George went to the ECU/NC State game so Drew and I joined the Watson's for a day at the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro. What a wonderful zoo! I didn't expect it to be so nice, especially for only ten bucks. We had a great time and stayed much longer than we intended. I even set an alarm for 6:45am in order to get ready and get to Cristie's by 8:15 in hopes of being at the zoo when they open at 9am. I am happy to report that Drew and I do not get up anywhere near that early on a normal day but he welcomed my wake-up call as I sang "We're Going To The Zoo, Zoo, Zoo" when I entered his room. It's a cute little song that is on one of his Toddler Tunes Cd's. Drew is really into animals these days and always makes me laugh when showing off his animal sounds. You've heard his tiger impression on a blog video but his monkey is just as precious. (We need to visit a farm soon because his rooster, pig, cow and goat impressions are incredible!) As expected, his favorites at the zoo were the chimps, gorillas, lions (he didn't actually get a good look at the lions but a picture of some on a sign got him roaring), and the massive elephants. Drew was mesmerized by the elephants eating, swimming and playing. They were so very close and it was amazing to watch! The weather was absolutely perfect and we had a wonderful day! We were so exhausted when we got home so took a little evening nap around 5pm and then got up and ready for the LSU/Auburn game! Geaux Tigers - the LSU Tigers that is! Drew enjoyed watching a bit of the game before bedtime and kept George and I in hysterics as he yelled "Gooooooooooo Tigers" at the TV, paired with a jerky arm punch in the air. He watched me do it two or three time and picked it up immediately. It's like he knows exactly what will make George and I smile. Once he saw our reaction he kept on doing it and even did it a dozen times during the Ryder Cup today. There was a ball involved so I understand his confusion. By the way, go USA! We enjoyed watching them bring a victory home!

Big open mouth kiss for Whitley!
Whitley watches other kids watch the chimps :)
Monkey face
The Watson family
Drew's gorilla face.
More monkeying around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.