Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fun With Friends and Fun with Family

We had a great weekend and the week is off to a great start too! Friday night we had dinner at our neighbors' house. Drew loves playing with their son Preston who is only two weeks younger. The adults had a very relaxing evening while the boys played perfectly together. We got a kick out of their conversations as well. We kept hearing their sweet voices discussing cars, balls and other favorite toys. They are good buddies and we are very fortunate to live so close! Saturday morning we all ran errands and did housework. After Drew's nap I took him to spend the night at my Aunt Mary's house!!! We have spent nights away from Drew while out of town but this was the first time he left us. I wasn't worried about him since he was in such loving hands but I did miss him. He had a ball and the Gunderson's really enjoyed having him. They went to the park and pond and even used the new fishing pole they gave Drew for Easter! I picked Drew up on Sunday morning and heard all about their adventures on the way home. I'm so glad the sleepover went well and was proud of Drew for being such a good house guest. The sad part is he didn't miss me one bit. I asked Aunt Mary if Drew looked for me or asked about me but she had to break my heart and tell the truth...nope! That's okay, I'm thrilled that he feels so comfortable at the Gunderson's and loves them so very much! George and I decided to go to a nice dinner on Saturday night to get our minds off of missing Drew. It also gave us a chance to celebrate our 6th anniversary, even if almost a month late. CC and Day along with their friends arrived Sunday for a quick visit. They were returning from Myrtle Beach and headed for the airport. It was a nice visit, even if too short. We had a yummy lunch and spent the afternoon outside playing with Whitley and Drew. It was sad to say goodbye but we are looking forward to visiting them in May!

On Monday, Drew and I went to the zoo with some friends. It was a pretty hot day and we all came back exhausted! Pictures below...


Preston and Drew playing nicely with cars Friday night.
Stella, Drew and James at the zoo.
Drew and Stella check out some Patas Monkeys.
Drew getting ready for the carousel to start. He had a hard time picking an animal to ride considering they had all of his favorites. He decided on the dolphin and was very pleased!
Getting hot and tired but still very entertained by the exhibits.

Pointing and talking! It was really fun taking him to the zoo now that he talks so much and knows every animal.
Drew and Stella get a close look at some turtles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.