Friday, June 12, 2009

Stephen's Graduation Party!

Drew ended up sick last weekend so we were so disappointed that he wasn't able to enjoy the neighborhood pool party or Andrea's birthday party like we planned. We went to the birthday party but he just wasn't himself. He watched her blow out the birthday candles but then we headed home. He didn't even protest when we left so I knew he was under the weather. By Monday he was feeling better so we went to the pool with some friends. Then we went to see Blake and James, a couple of the 5 year olds he idolizes, play t-ball on Monday night. Drew enjoyed that and was the first one to yell "Good hit!" or "Good try!" I can't wait till he can play organized sports, I am sure I will the obnoxious Mom in the stands! The rest of the week flew by with typical stuff; laundry, cleaning, running errands and of course lots and lots of playing with Drew. Today we went to my cousin Stephen's house for a pig pickin' graduation party! Drew was thrilled to see so many of his favorite people; Mae Mae, Uncle Ralph, Melanie, Stephen, Cristie, Tom, Whitley, Tom's sweet parents and of course Buddy the dog. My Aunt Betty and Uncle Mike were there too which we don't see often enough but Drew warmed up to them in no time. He thought Uncle Mike was a "cool dude" and was pleased to find another man that would rough-house with him! It was a super hot day but the party was tons of fun!

Drew, Blake and Katelyn in the pool. They had the most fun in their "float parade!"

Drew strolling through Home Depot in his McQueen and Mater slippers. The heat and fatigue must be getting to me because I never go for this kind of stuff. He asked if he could wear his slippers and I just figured "what the heck?" I didn't have the energy to talk him into wearing his shoes. I also slacked on sunscreen that day at the pool as you can see from his sunglass line. I felt so bad about that!

Drew standing next to the graduation bear at cousin Stephen's party.

Melanie shows Drew the pig on the huge BBQ pit. He didn't know what to make of that!

Whitley and Drew cool off with some ice. They spent most of the party with their hands in the cooler but it was in the shade and it beats chasing them around so Cristie and I were all for it!

Uncle Ralph stands over the hot grill. That pig was yuuuummmy!
Drew with Stephen, the big graduate! We are so proud of Stephen and his many, many accomplishments! Best of luck at Appalachian State!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.