Monday, September 20, 2010

Dress Up

Who says only girls like to play dress up? Drew looooooves to wear all of his knight armor and has recently insisted that anyone that plays with him get into character as well. When we play castle, I have to wear a princess dress and crown. I also have to remain upstairs since "Princesses live in the top of castles." Drew definitely knows a heck off a lot more about princesses than I do. The other day I told him my name was Peggy Princess and he said, "No, your name is Cinderella." When you wear blue I guess you have to be Cinderella. Oops. One day last week Drew asked me to dress like a princess and then come to the balcony to meet my prince (him of course). I went and dug up a long, pretty yellow dress that belonged to my Mom and then did my best to squeeze into it. When I came around the corner, Drew's mouth dropped open and then he gave me the biggest, proudest grin. He said I was the most beautiful princess he's ever seen and the look on his face confirmed that he meant it. I feel a little silly sharing that story but one day when Drew is older and thinks I'm the lamest Mom in the whole world, I will look back on this post, picture his sweet face and be glad I recorded it. Here are some pics of my cuties in character...
David wants to be a knight just like his big brother!
Drew the knight, David the dragon and me as a princess.
Darling little dragon! Won't David be so cute on Halloween?
We dug out the old Halloween costumes for more dress up. Drew barely fit into the tiger one from two years ago and David was adorable in the lion costume Drew wore on his first Halloween. They roamed and roared around the house until they were sweating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.