Wednesday, September 29, 2010

First Tri

George are I participated in our first triathlon on September 25th in Wilmington. It was awesome! George did all three events and was really good! His swimming was especially impressive! I did the bike and run as part of "Team Stoogie." Our friend, Kevin, aka "Doogie," has an injury that kept him from doing the bike and run. I was happy to do a relay but hope to do the entire race next year. It was really neat to be a part of a triathlon and be surrounded by such amazing athletes. I was in awe of the skill and equipment that some of the participants had. The only bad part about the whole day was waking up so early. It was pitch black outside when we rode our bikes from the beach house to the event start. Not fun! The sun came out though and it turned into a beautiful day; much warmer than we had expected. Since I was part of a relay team, I hung out in the transition area until it was my turn. Relay teams start in one of the last groups and George's group was one of the first to begin so I was able to see him finish the swim and bike before I started. It was so fun to cheer him on! George hopes to make this an ongoing sport and has already signed up for a future event! I will probably just wait and do the Wilmington event again next September. We are both so happy we did it and look forward to more!


George and his friends getting ready to load the bus to the swim start.
George running into the transition area from the swim.

Almost to the finish line!
Post race
Team Stoogie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.