Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Jolly Christmas

We had a fun, family-filled Christmas! Me-Ma, CC, Day Day, Aunt Kim and cousin Matt were in town. We also got together with the locals; Watson's, Gunderson's and Whitley's. It was a busy and wonderful holiday! Cristie and Tom hosted a great Christmas Eve party. Everybody was there and we had tons of fun opening gifts, playing drinking games (On x-mas eve? I know, but it was so fun!), eating lots of delicious food and just being together. Christmas morning was memorable for sure! The boys were darling! Santa brought a pirate tent which Drew spotted from the balcony as soon as he came out of his room. George and I were awakened by Drew saying, "Santa came and he brought a pirate island! Hold on, I have to get my costume!" So before he even came downstairs to see what else Santa brought, he put on his full pirate costume. So Drew! David moved from one toy the next pretty quickly and found his favorite part of Christmas to be taking the wrapping paper to the garbage can piece by piece. What a cute little helper he was! We hosted Christmas dinner and it was pretty darn good if I do say so myself. We had a delicious turducken and some yummy sides. Christmas night it started snowing and we awoke on the 26th to some pretty good snow! I was thankful for the sled George picked up at Dick's Sporting Goods a couple of weeks ago and the proper winter gear we finally got for the boys! This is our 4th Winter in North Carolina and it has snowed every year so it was about time we got the necessities. We had a ball playing outside. Later that day we had a Nerf war with the Nerf guns Day Day bought Drew. At first I couldn't figure out why Drew needed so many but then I realized all of the guys wanted to play too! I think George, Matty and Day Day were having as much fun as Drewby. I have to say, those things are pretty darn fun. George and I are regularly sneaking up on one another with a Nerf attack. It doesn't seem to get old and for some reason I am always shocked when it happens to me! The Lindsey's came to visit from Virginia on the 27th so we had one more day of food, fun and family before the holiday hustle and bustle came to an end. It was a great Christmas and we are so thankful for spending it with our wonderful family. Happy New Year!
CC and Me-Ma with sweet David.
Drew opens a Spider man figure from Day Day.
David opens a gift from Aunt Cristie.
Another costume! Looks like Drew likes it!
A Star Wars ship from Uncle Tom. Wow!!!
Cousins Brian and Danny with David and I.
Some of the guys.
Cristie and I with two of our sweet Aunts.
Drew, Whitley and David get into the play dough set from Aunt Kim (with the help of sweet Cousin Melanie).

Drew the pirate sneaks a cookie that Santa didn't eat.
David tries out his new grill.

David dressed and ready to play in the snow! He was hysterical in that get-up.

Day Day getting ready to push David and I down the hill. Daddy, who lives in Minnesota I might add, didn't have any snow gear. He made do by putting his feet in plastic Walmart bags before putting on his shoes.
Drew enjoying all of the pretty snow.
Happy New Year! George and I at the Mayes' 3rd Annual New Years Eve party. We had a great time ringing in the new year with our friends and neighbors.

Some of the gals (and one guy in the back) at the party. Happy 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.