Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Catch Up: Thanksgiving & Mexico

If I have any regular readers, you are probably wondering what happened to the blog. We have been out of town twice since Thanksgiving so I am finally getting around to catching up on some posts. We spent Thanksgiving in Myrtle Beach with Judy, my folks and the Watson's. We went down on Thanksgiving day after I ran in the Cary Turkey Trot 8K. The boys were very sweet to brave the frigid temps and cheer me on! Thanksgiving weekend was great! We were spoiled with two delicious Thanksgiving meals; a traditional one on Thursday and a casual one (cajun fried) on Friday. The weekend went by quickly, especially since our family headed home on Saturday. We wanted to have Sunday to get ready for our trip to MEXICO!!!! George and I were beyond thrilled to sneak away for four whole nights! My Mom stayed here with the boys and we went to an an all-inclusive resort in the Rivera Maya. It was fabulous! The resort, staff, food and accommodations were even better than we expected. It was just the right amount of time away too. We hated to leave the warm weather and relaxing environment but were excited to get back to the kiddos. I'm sure my Mom was excited too! She handled it like a champ but I know first hand how much work it is and I'm sure she was happy for us to return. Thank you CC!!! We love you!


Whitley and Drew during Thanksgiving dinner. Drew wanted to wear a tie because he said he needed to look handsome for Thanksgiving.


David was tuckered out and fell asleep while watching football.

Mexico...
Doing what we went to do! Relaxing in the sun!

Me too!

Water aerobics! I felt the need to participate since all we did was lay around and eat the entire trip. I quickly realized I was probably better off lounging since there wasn't much more exercise going on in the class. I think George got the better workout while laughing at me :)

Just had to make fun of myself a little bit and share this... I took part in a beer drinking contest and got beat by the lady in the black, blue and green bathing suit. Yeah, the old one. George still hasn't stopped laughing about it! I have to say, the lady was incredible! I thought I had it in the bag. Heck, I love beer. Guess, she loves it even more and has a few more years of experience under her belt.

George lovin' life (and the swim-up bar)!
We went to Playa Del Carmen one day and walked around. It was fun to check out the shops.

During our last dinner. We ate and ate and ate on the trip. We were surprised by how good the food was. The guacamole was out of this world and we've been craving it constantly since our return.
George and a yummy soup trio.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.