Friday, May 13, 2011

1st Weekend in May

We had a fun and busy weekend. Me-Ma was here which made it extra special. Saturday started off with a community 5K for me. I was the 2nd female to cross the finish line. That was exciting! Drew is in love with my trophy and is proudly displaying it in his room. George left Saturday afternoon for White Lake, NC for his first triathlon of the season. He did well and we are super proud of him! On Saturday evening we went to Cristie's to celebrate her 34th birthday! We pigged out on pizza, cake and ice cream and had fun playing outside. On Sunday the boys and I got to visit with Aunt Betty and Uncle Mike. They were in town from Virginia and it was so good to spend time with them! Drew brought a bag of stuff to show Aunt Betty. He took platty (his lovey) because she gave it to him for his 1st Easter. He took my trophy. He took 8 library books because Aunt Betty works at the library so of course she would want to see them! He also took his Star Wars coloring book and markers. After his little show and tell he set up shop and got to coloring. Aunt Betty was very complimentary of his pictures and asked to have one. Drew said no because "he loves them too much to share." When we got in the car I mentioned that it sure would have been nice to share one of his pictures. He thought about that for a minute and then said he would color a picture out of David's Mickey Mouse coloring book and mail it to Aunt Betty. He was so proud of his great idea! So he's willing to share his brother's things but not his own. Classic. The rest of Sunday was very nice. George got home from White Lake around lunchtime and since it was Mother's Day he and the boys had sweet cards and goodies for Me-Ma and I. Then Judy and I ran off to do a little shopping while the boys stayed behind. That was a treat. George teased me that I was escaping on Mother's Day but I don't think that day means you have to be a Mom every single minute. For me it meant sneaking in a relaxing, no-rush, complaint-free trip to Apex Home & Garden, Lowe's and Harris Teeter. Sorry kiddos! You know I love you :) I hope all of the Mom's out there had a wonderful Mother's Day!

.

Pretty girls at Cristie's birthday celebration. I had to crop Drew out because his expression was so ridiculous. He was wild over there!

Aunt Betty and Drew with the famous coloring book.


Uncle Mike and David were being silly.


Aunt Betty sent us home with cupcakes and David sure enjoyed his!


Me-Ma with her three boys on Mother's Day! (one pic where David is looking)


(a pic with Drew looking)


Have you seen my sword? Drew continues to crack us up with his costumes! He thought this was soooooo scary! He stood at the top of the stairs and hollered down for us to "Get ready to be scared!"


Just had to share this picture of David. His hair is really something on humid days :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.