Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Backpackin'

Drew and I have had a nice week so far. He was my little sweetie as we ran a ton of errands. My parents arrive tomorrow and Drew and I are heading straight to Myrtle Beach with them. We will come back this weekend and then leave Tuesday for Destin, FL. I had a to-do list a mile long so was trying to scratch some things off in order to minimize the hectic Monday I have in store. Drew and I made seven stops yesterday and he was an angel the whole time. I will say I go to the end of the earth to avoid a meltdown so who knows what he would do if I just let things be. At one store he gets popcorn, then at another he gets a toy, then at another he gets a balloon, you get the picture. Today we only had three stops to make so we spent our free time having lunch at McDonald's and Drew played in the play area for a long time. I was worried about him climbing to the top but I knew all was well by the sounds of his happy squeal. He makes the cutest noises when he's having fun and I could hear him the whole time. There was silence at one point so I scurried up the fort to make sure everything was okay. It was, Drew was just trying to figure out how to get to the next level. The step was pretty steep. A bigger kid was nearby (by bigger I mean a good foot taller than the "children under 48 inches tall are welcome" sign so I asked him to give Drew a boost. He put his arms around his waste and jerked up but Drew didn't budge. He looked at me and with the most pitiful look said "I can't lift him." I was on my way up another level to assist when an even bigger kid came to the rescue. Thank goodness for children who can't follow the guidelines. Monday evening we went to family night at Johnny Carino's with some friends. What a deal! The whole family eats for the price of one. We were just laughing about how the staff must hate family night and they probably have to draw straws to see who works when...Drew knocked over George's full to the rim sweet tea. Oops. George was not happy and he and Drew were soaking wet (and sticky!). I was out of range thank goodness. I guess even Mom catches a break sometimes.
Drew carrying his toys and crayons in a backpack to dinner. Can't you picture him going to school? Boo hoo!!!
Another shot of him and his backpack. Check out his new kicks. I got them on sale a month or so ago and planned on saving them for the fall/winter. Out of the blue none of his shoes fit anymore so we had to bust out the new NB's. They are 8 1/2 wides!!! If you're not up on toddler shoes sizes, that is insane for a 20 month old :(
Wearing Katelyn's (our sweet neighbor) shoes. Drew had some friends over and we were all playing inside. When I opened the door to the porch Drew put on her shoes immediately. I love how he does things so matter-of-factly. He didn't hesitate at all; he went outside, saw a pair of shoes and put them on. Notice they fit him but she is three!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.