Sunday, August 17, 2008

Born to Boat!!!



Drew and I had a big afternoon on Saturday boating with the Gundersons! It was so sweet of them to invite us! George had a fantasy football draft so couldn't make it unfortunately. I wish he could have seen Drew on that boat! It was absolutely precious!!! I have so many wonderful boating memories from my childhood and always loved being on the water. I want Drew to enjoy it as well and from the look of things yesterday, that won't be an issue! George and I enjoyed having a boat for a few years before Katrina destroyed ours. We really miss having one and after yesterday I have major boat fever! Aunt Mary, Uncle Ralph and my cousin Stephen showed us a great time! We stopped at a beach/campground area and Drew played with the biggest toy dump trucks I've ever seen. Then we rode around for awhile and enjoyed the beautiful scenery, calm lake and gorgeous weather. Shortly thereafter we got started with the skiing and wake boarding. I was tickled to see my sweet Aunt Mary on skis! And let me tell you, she is good! Uncle Ralph and Stephen were amazing on the wake board which didn't surprise me one bit. They are good at every sport! I wake boarded as well even though it has been three years since I've done it. I guess it's just like riding a bike because I got up on the first try! I never fell but eventually had to let go because my arms, hands, thighs and lower back were hurting. Geez! I may need to alter my workout! One of the highlights of the day was when we all jumped in the water in our life vests and just swam around. We got the biggest kick out of Drew while in the water! He laughed and laughed and loved it when Stephen went under water. Drew caught on real quick and kept trying to dunk Stephen. He loved watching Stephen pop back up. Drew and Stephen were inseparable the entire trip - by Drew's choice that is, I'm sure Stephen would have appreciated a break! Drew wanted to eat with Stephen, sit with Stephen, play with Stephen and even rest with Stephen on the way back. It was a lovely day all around! Thank you Gundies!!!


Captain Drew! He was really into the fish finder and CB. He made sure to check out all the gadgets on the console!

Drew and Aunt Mary in Jordan Lake!



Drew and Stephen sharing watermelon. Stephen picked out all the seeds for Drew and fed him little bites. He was so sweet to my boy! Notice Drew wanted to make sure Thomas the Train wasn't left out.


Stephen and Drew snuggling on the ride back to the dock. Sweet boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.