Monday, August 11, 2008

Cousins Galore!

We had a big day today! Drew and I picked Cristie and Whitley up and headed for Ringgold, VA where we saw our 3rd cousins Sydney and Allie and their parents Bev and Nancy. It was only an hour drive so we are determined to get together more often. Cristie and I have always loved Sydney and Alli very much and cherish the fun times with them growing up. My Dad and his cousin, Bev, were quite the manly-men so were in for a shock when each of them had two little girls. In order to keep us tough, we endured the "de-wussification process" each summer. Dewussification consisted of various sports, outdoor activities, and anything that could be considered rough or would make the Mom's squirm. It was all in good fun and probably kept us from crying or whining (as much!) later on in life. We had a wonderful time visiting all of them today and enjoyed watching the kids play together. As always, we had some laughs, good food and warm hugs. I'm already looking forward to next time!
Drew and his pretty cousins, Whitley and Lila! You can see the bruise on Drew's face from the big fall on Friday. Sad.
Bev was looking for someone to drink with and Drew jumped on that! At one point he put his leg over the side of the cooler, guess he thought it was a pool. Oops! Maybe I should put a stop to the redneck pool idea.
Bev and Drew raking the yard. Bev has quite a resemblance to my Dad and I'm pretty sure Drew thought it was his Day Day at first.
Sydney, Cristie, Allie and I. Are we looking dewussified?
3rd, 4th and 5th cousins... I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.