Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sweet Valentines!

We had a wonderful Valentine's Day! It started off great with George and I sleeping till 8:30 and Drew sleeping till 9:10am! What could be better than that? Then we went to Aunt Mary's to make Valentine cookies with Cristie and Whitley. What fun! Drew brought her tulips which she loved! We practiced saying "Happy Valentine's Day Mae Mae" but when she opened the door he was too excited to recite it and just barged in! Making cookies with Drew and Whitley was so fun! Drew loved using the cookie cutters, I think that was his favorite part. He did a really good job too, being very careful to space them out just right. Drew wasn't quite as interested in icing the cookies so after just doing a couple of them he started playing with Uncle Ralph and cousin Stephen. They played guitar, drums, and spent a lot of time sitting in their boat in the garage. It was cute! Drew remembers going on the boat with them last summer so anytime I talk about Aunt Mary or Uncle Ralph he says "Mae Mae take me on boat?" and I have to explain that it's Winter. Needless to say, we are really excited about getting an invite this Spring! After we finished the cookies Mae Mae took Drew on a walk to the pond and they looked for fish and threw rocks in the water - huge fun for Drew! Mae Mae promised to get Drew a fishing pole and I hate to tell her that he talked about it the rest of the afternoon and evening. He doesn't forget a thing! He went to bed saying "Mae Mae and the fishing hole (hole is pole to him)." He'll be looking for it next time we're there! Drew was ready for a big nap when we got home and after that George, Drew and I delivered Drew's Valentine's treats to his friends and then went to the mall. We weren't there long because it was a madhouse! I swear it wasn't that busy at Christmas. After putting Drew to bed George and I had a lovely dinner at home. It was such a special Valetine's day, spending it with my sweeties! Here's some pictures from Mae Mae's...


Getting ready to leave for Mae Mae's. Drew's hair is out of control! I don't want to cut it but I guess I'll have to.

Drew is serious about the cookie cutters! He was quite the perfectionist.

Sitting in the boat :)
Leaning in for a kiss!
Icing a cookie with cousin Stephen.
Aunt Mae Mae, Cristie and I with our finished product. Mmmmm!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.