Friday, February 27, 2009

16 Weeks and Counting!

It's Friday already and I just realized I haven't done a post in a week. Oops! George, Drew and I went to an appointment on Monday to check on Baby Davis again. He or she is doing well and we enjoyed hearing the heartbeat again. It was the dreaded 16 week appointment so we were more than excited and relieved to hear that all is well! Drew was hilarious at the appointment! He knew exactly where we were and announced that we were there to see "Mama's doctor" as soon as we entered the waiting area. Of course all of the other patients thought he was adorable since most of them are awaiting the arrival of a new bundle of joy and a toddler talking is one of life's sweetest sounds! When the Doctor put the doppler on my belly and we heard the heartbeat Drew looked at me and explained that the "Baby is talking on the phone." Pretty creative! Since Monday we have been talking about the baby a lot more and Drew seems to get it. He has kissed my belly a few times and said hi to the baby. He got a little scared on Tuesday when I left him in my room by himself for a minute. He was really quiet so I yelled to the other room to see what he was doing. He replied with "I'm reading a book." That sounded innocent enough. But then I heard him say, "Mama, Mama, book scare me, book scare me!!!" so I hurried in there and found him looking at a pregnancy book opened to a page with some pretty real photos. Uh oh! He was right to be scared and I told him I was scared too! He hasn't opened the book since. We did our usual activities this week, going to the library and Winter Wiggles. We also played outside with some friends and went to the park since the weather cooperated a couple of days. Then Judy arrived on Thursday and Drew was super excited about that! George and I went to dinner and then a hockey game while Drew and his Grandma had a fun night at home. Now it's Friday and we're looking forward to spending the weekend with Judy and hopefully getting together with the Watson's as well.
Drew and the girls next door wearing Mardi Gras beads. What a cheap thrill that was!
Drew kicking the soccer ball around with George. He loves to run, run, run so we took him to the nearby high school and he and George played soccer for a while. Then we went in the stands and watched the girls' team play a scrimmage. Drew enjoyed it but then discovered that climbing up and down the bleachers was much more fun! After doing that for a bit, we headed home for Drew's much-needed nap.

Arriving at the park and looking for our friends.


Drew and Katelyn.

Drew and Katelyn help Blake collect Sycamore balls from the park. That kept them entertained for the longest time!
George and I at the Carolina Hurricanes hockey game. A friend gave us front row seats! I thought it was a little scary and squealed every time the players hit the glass. Those guys are a lot bigger and angrier looking up close!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.