Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yet another week is flying by at the Davis household. Sunday we had a relaxing day and took a nice long family walk. Bailey has got to lose some weight before her annual appointment in a couple of weeks so we dragged her along too. Anytime we slowed down she attempted to jump in the stroller but we wouldn't let her. Sunday evening Drew and I went to a birthday party for his friend Livi. He had a good time playing with the other kids and eating two servings of ice cream. He was so good when she opened her presents. I thought he was going to lose it when she got a darling Barbi bicycle but he just said "Wow, big cycle!" and moved on. On Monday I watched Whitley and our day just flew by. Having her and Drew is very easy since they keep each other entertained. It was fun! Then I went to book club on Monday night where we discussed The Shack. It was only my second time attending Cristie's book club (she was so sweet to include me) but I think I'm addicted! I went to the library first thing Tuesday morning to get the next book and I'm already almost finished. After Toddler Time at the library on Tuesday we kept with our tradition of playing and eating at McDonald's with our friends. It didn't take Drew long to pick up on our schedule because while I was checking out our books he started cheering "Come on friends, eat cheeseburgers!!!" It was embarrassing and hysterical at the same time. On Wednesday we went to Winter Wiggles where Drew continues to amaze me. As soon as we sat down he looked at the teacher and said "Circle song and then puppet show. Yay!!!" Those are two of the activities we do and the circle song comes first. As I've mentioned before, he doesn't forget a thing! He and I went to Jason's Deli after Winter Wiggles because I was craving their salad bar. Drew kept the other diners entertained with his non-stop talking. He said goodbye to almost everyone when we left by saying "Bye bye friends. I am a fireman!" He was wearing his fireman raincoat which is so darn cute! Today we had some friends over to play and eat lunch. The kids are 4 and 6 so Drew thought he was big time hanging with the older crowd. A babysitter is coming in a little bit because it's Bunco night and George is out of town. I'm sure Drew will be thrilled to see the sitter, the fun just never stops for him! I can't wait for George to get back! He traveled two weeks in a row and in addition to simply missing him, it's exhausting not having his help in the evenings. I'm looking forward to a nice, quiet weekend with him and Drew.
Drew on his second helping of ice cream at Livi's birthday party.

Whitley lounging on the Cars chair. So funny!


Drew and Whitley dancing to the Valentine's puppy and then Drew yelling at Whitley to smile after I say it. Then they both get distracted by a "big wolf" on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.