Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Royal Fair

After going to the Renaissance Festival in Minnesota with my parents, Cristie and I knew we wanted to go to one here and take the kids. Luckily, the Carolina Renaissance Festival takes place every October and November so we didn't have to look far to find one! The Watson's and us packed in the van and drove to the festival outside of Charlotte on a beautiful Sunday. The kids were darling in their medieval costumes. It was a fun day. I took a ton of pictures although the quality isn't very good. It was very sunny and my camera must have been on the wrong setting because there is quite a glare. Sorry!


Look at those cuties! They are ready to go!
Drew and Whitley with a duchess at the entry gates.

Drew watching a jousting competition.

Whitley too!The kids enjoyed the human-propelled rides. Pretty neat!


Settling in for a show.

The kids got be knighted by the king and queen! It was very exciting for them and precious to watch! Whitley went first. She had to give her name which the queen then announced, step upon the the stage, and then kneel before the King, who knighted her. Each child was given a wooden medallion.

Drew's up! He took it so seriously!



A skip in his step after :)

Sweet little David was in line and said he wanted to do it. The duchess said I could stay with him but when we went up the step he grabbed me and ran back to the benches where George was sitting. When we asked him what was the matter, he replied, "Me go myself!" I snuck back up and asked if he could try again. They were glad to announce his name once more and my darling little guy walked up and did a great job! I have to say that everyone watching oohed and aahed and when we passed by those folks later in the day they smiled and winked at him. He was popular!

They used a rose instead of a sword for David.

Everyone loves a turkey leg! The one in MN was so good and I was excited to get one here! Yum!

David helps polish it off!


Drew wanted to do everything they had, including the rock wall! He didn't get very far but good for him for wanting to try.

What's next?

Whitley got a cup of ice cream. We laughed because the boys didn't leave her side for a second, begging like a couple of puppies! She sweetly shared with everyone.

I loved the tree-man!

Another ride.

Family pic.

There is some form of entertainment every step of the way. This guy was playing dead. They asked Drew to check and make sure so Drewby tapped him with his new ax. You can't fool Drew though. I asked him if the guy was okay and he said, "they said he wasn't alive Mama but I saw him move a little bit."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.