Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall is here!

Fall has arrived in North Carolina! It's been so nice and we have taken advantage of the beautiful weather. I have lots of photos below of a morning spent at a nearby corn maze and pumpkin patch. We look forward to this outing every fall, it's so fun for the kids. The nice weather has made soccer more enjoyable as well. Drew continues to love it and asks most mornings, "Do I get to play soccer today?" The weather isn't the only thing changing around here (cheesy I know!) - I rejoined the workforce! I am so excited! I am working on the Annual Fund Reunion Giving team in Duke's University Development department. It's part time for now but I hope to go full time at some point. The boys had to switch schools since they were only going to preschool three hours a day. Even working part time, those hours wouldn't cut it. They are adjusting well to their new school, Drew more easily than David. It will take some getting used to but I'm confident we'll get there.


Pictures from our fun fall day at Phillips Corn Maze...


They have so many fun activities. Here's David on the mini tractor race track.

The boys try out one of the real tractors.


Making corn angels in the corn box.

My fav - the corn shooter! I want to point out that George and Drew tried to hit the target three times with no luck. David and I? We hit the target on the first shot! Whoop whoop!


Ready for a ride on the cow train.

Family pic with the "corny" decorations :)

Drew led us all the way through the corn maze. No joke! He answered all of the questions correctly (kid version of the questionnaire) and his sense of direction was pretty impressive. We never had to raise the flag for help :)


David's turn to carry the flag.

Tractor ride on way to the pumpkin patch.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.