Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back from the beach

We were short on room in the car so couldn't take many toys to Myrtle Beach. My Mom put a little basket together of kitchen junk for Drew to play with and it worked just fine!

Getting wild with Day Day!

Drew looks at CC's brag book. He loves to look at pictures of himself and his cousin Whitley.

Drew playing with a clothes hamper - another great toy!
__________________________________________________


We're back from Myrtle Beach although we didn't actually go to the beach. It was colder than we hoped but we still had a great time! Mom and Dad have a place there so they like to go and check on it when they visit us. It's a nice townhouse on a golf course and George's Mom lives right down the street so it's a great place to visit. Drew successfully slept in his pack-n-play all three nights which is a rarity! When traveling he usually wakes up around 1am and wants to get in bed with me. Then he falls right back to sleep and I don't get another wink. Why? Because he takes up the whole bed and flails his arms and legs. Can babies have restless leg syndrome? Anyway, I was so thankful he slept well because I got to sleep well too!




I think Drew is almost recovered from his ear infections but I'm taking him back Friday morning to have the Doctor check him out. I'm hoping all is well because I can't bear to give him antibiotics another day! It is so terrible! The last time he was sick he didn't mind the meds at all. Now he runs the other way as soon as he sees me get the supplies. The Pharmacist gave me a spoon thinking he would like that better than the syringe. It worked once and then he got too smart for that disguise. It takes two people to give it to him and yet more runs down his neck than he swallows. My parents almost refused to help in Myrtle Beach because they couldn't stand how upset he got. Daddy said he wasn't having any part of it again after helping me twice. I am wondering when they will come up with something better for kids medications. If Bailey can have a yummy treat as her heart worm pill and women get a chocolate bite for calcium supplements, why can't Drew's antibiotics look and taste like an animal cracker? I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.