Saturday, February 16, 2008

Heavy load

Bailey and I ride on Drew's truck!

George's turn! Drew would much rather push us than ride on it himself.

The view from my eyes!
________________________________________________

The picture of Drew hanging on my leg is a perfect image of how we spend our day. He's either there or on my hip. In all honesty, I love every second of it! I would rather carry him around than do anything else in the world. However, it's not getting any easier as he creeps to almost 29 pounds! It surprised George and I how quickly Drew became a Mama's boy. I'm not sure if it's his age or the fact that I stay home with him but it's a new obsession. He's not attached to me when we're out or when people are over, it's just when we're home not doing anything that he wants me to not only be with him but hold him tight. Like I already mentioned, I LOVE it!

Our weekend has gotten off to a great start! Drew and I had a date at the mall last night because George went out with some friends. Drew got three new pairs of shoes but one pair is going back. They were waaaayyyy too expensive! I felt bad not getting something after the sales lady spent so much time with him. Sizing his foot (he's a 7 wide!) and trying on multiple pairs of shoes wasn't an easy task for her, especially while smelling his stinky britches! Seriously, I had no idea he had a nasty diaper until she gave him back to me and I about passed out. I apologized but she said she had smelled worse. Poor her! Anyway, I ended up buying shoes because I felt guilty but George and I both agreed $50 for toddler shoes is ridiculous. After all, he will outgrow them in 2 1/2 - 3 months, the sales lady even admitted that. How does she sleep at night? Back to the mall we go!

We spent all morning outside playing with Drew's dumptruck and then taking a long walk while Drew caught some z's and some cute stares from the neighbors. Everyone loves to see a sleeping baby in a stroller. It is pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.