Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sugar high

This is Drew everytime I open the fridge. He reaches for skim
and whole milk, obviously willing to take any kind!

Drew sings along to American Idol.

Drew climbs on one toy to get to another.

It was the school bus he wanted!
_________________________________________________


Drew hasn't been feeling well the last few days but has still been really fun and sweet. My Mom arrived in town Saturday evening so she, my sister and her family came over for dinner. Then my Aunt Mary and her family came by so we had a large time. Drew went to bed late but still woke up at his usual time Sunday morning. Why do babies do that?

Monday was spent hanging out with my Aunt Betty from Virginia. The weather was beautiful so we spent all day outside and then started happy hour on the porch when Drew took a nap. Now that is the life! I wish I could start happy hour at 2:30pm everyday! I need it by then that's for sure. As much as I adore staying home with my sweetie, it is exhausting. Like my Aunt Betty said, at least when you go to an office you have the opportunity to sit down. All I do is chase Drew around all day, never sitting for a second. On a non-happy hour day I spend his nap time catching up on laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc.

We went to lunch with George today and Drew had a healthy meal consisting of french fries and hush puppies. Mmmm! It was a Carolina barbeque place and he didn't care for the vinegar-based pork or butter smoothered cabbage so we let him have what he was willing to eat. I took a sippy cup filled with water for him but the waitress brought him a sugar-packed pink lemonade that I couldn't hide quick enough. In order to allow everyone else to enjoy their meals, we let him have it. He loved it and we all paid the price! We went to a winter sports store after lunch to get some last minute things for our upcoming ski trip and he was wild! My Daddy's friend owns the store so I was kind of embarrased. He and his wife swore Drew was precious and just being a typical one year old but I think they were just being nice. I blame it all on Millie at Coopers BBQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.