Saturday, February 23, 2008

Weekend fun

Drew kisses his cousin Whitley. Sweet babies!

Drew hogs the balls at a bowling alley birthday party. The boy in the brown shirt
wants to know why Drew gets three.

Drew's obsession with bowling balls continues! I was barely supporting
it from the bottom. He is so strong!

Drew spots a baby at the party and wants to touch him.
___________________________________________


I feel like I have tons to catch up on. It's been a busy few days. After finally realizing Drew wasn't getting any better after 7 days I decided to take him to the Doctor Thursday morning. He was cranky all week but he's getting a tooth and had a little cold so I kind of ignored it. To my surprise he had two ear infections. I felt like the worst Mom! I starting perking back up when the Doctor said it was easy to let it go so long when Drew was such a happy boy. He and the nurse couldn't believe Drew was so sweet when he must have been feeling so bad. That made me feel a tad less guilty :)

Friday we went to the mall with some of the Moms and kids from the Cary Mom's club. All of the kids played at the indoor playground while we tried to chat. It's so hard to hold a conversation when you constantly have to look around and make sure your kid is still there and unharmed. It's not too bad for me though because Drew checks in with me every 60 seconds or so and hugs my leg. Guess he wants to make sure I'm still there and unharmed as well. I did have to break ugly on another kid though. A girl around 3 wanted to play baby with Drew meaning she wanted to act like he was a doll and pull him by his arm until his shirt and jacket came off. No kidding! At first I was nice and simply moved Drew as far away from her as possible. She kept finding him and continued to treat him like her baby doll. The final straw was when I spotted her pulling Drew across the floor by the hood of his jacket!!! He was clearly scared and on the verge of choking so I told her to get lost. The whole time I was wondering where in the world the Mother of this girl was hiding. I finally spotted the Mom a few minutes later when she picked the girl up by her pants and swung her around horizontally to keep her from hurting another kid. It looked to me like the Mom cared even less for the little girl than I did. Anyway, they packed their crap and left and I decided not to give the evil eye to the Mom when I saw her juggle three toddlers into strollers and head out. She obviously had her hands full. One more thing about our mall trip, I looked down at Drew at one point and noticed he was missing a shoe. We had to retrace all of our steps (we had been there quite awhile too!) looking for it. That included going back to the shoe store where I had returned the overpriced toddler shoes bought out of guilt last week. It wasn't in there but I could see the smerk on the girls' face when I asked. She was probaby thinking, "Bet you wish you had a back-up pair now?" That's what I get I guess.

Friday night we picked my Daddy up at the airport and headed to my sister's house. Drew loves seeing his cousin and always wants to kiss her. We had a great night playing with the babies and eating a delicious dinner.

Today we went to another bowling alley birthday party. Drew loved it just as much as the first time! He watched the older kids bowl and played with the balls when they came back up to ball return thingymajig. No fingers were smashed. Pretty good!

We're looking forward to hanging out with my family tomorrow and then Drew and I are headed to Myrtle Beach with my folks Monday.

Lastly, yes I got my hair chopped off! I know all of my Capital One friends will appreciate it since we used to laugh when I got my hair cut and took off about a quarter of an inch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.