Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back with my baby!!!

Corny prom pose on the mountain.
Why are we smiling next to such a threatening sign?

Huge beers! My favorite part of ski trips.


Long time, no blog. George and I are back from our ski/snowboard trip to Park City, UT and thrilled to be with Drewby. We missed him terribly and I've been smothering him with hugs and kisses since we landed Saturday evening. Although we had a fabulous trip, seven nights is too long to be away from him. I think five (okay, two is more like it) is my limit next time. I was obsessed with every young child I saw while away from Drew. I think I scared a mother sitting in front of us on the plane who had a 7 month old girl. However, by the end of the flight she was willingly handing the baby to me because she was out of ideas to keep her happy. Park City was tons of fun and the conditions were near perfect. It was a little cold for my liking a couple of days but I'm hard to please. I go to the mountains and always wish for 45 degree weather. I whine when my hands and feet get cold too. I promise I enjoy it but you wouldn't think so if you were sitting next to me on a chair lift. I like to repeat how cold I am hoping my hot air will warm me up. George got the fresh powder he was hoping for and we came home unharmed, what more can you ask for? Our friends Jennifer and Casey joined us for a couple of days which was tons of fun! I may have ruined the trip for them when we all hiked up to the back country and then I flipped out - too late I may add. We were already up there and didn't have many options for the way down. George and I hiked the same terrain a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed it. I'm not certain what scared me this go-round but I know it was the last time off the beaten path for me. We took two days off from the slopes to just hang out and take it easy. I got a massage, we went shopping and even went to the movies. It was so nice to relax just the two of us.
Back home, the Grandma's were pretty exhausted from watching Drew for a week. I know it's tiring hauling 30 pounds of constant energy around. They stayed pretty busy playing outside, going to the park and doing all kinds of other fun stuff. They were so sweet to watch him for an entire week and it was nice to know he was in such loving hands. My Mom said Drew really started clinging to her toward the end of the week and she assumed he was missing George and I. He woke up crying and had to sleep with her a couple of nights. Poor guy!
George's friend picked us up at the airport and brought us home. I was so giddy counting the seconds to seeing Drew. I tried to jump out of the car as soon as we pulled up, I'm pretty sure the car was still moving. I couldn't get out though and realized the child lock was on. It was great fun for everyone (except me) to leave me in the backseat yearning to see Drewby. They laughed and laughed and I was on the verge of tears. They finally let me out and I ran for my boy! He seemed shocked to see me but was very happy. We kept him up late loving on him and I couldn't sleep at all that night because I was so excited to see him the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.