Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Radio Flyer!

Start of walk.
End of walk.

I got a wagon at Target today and we didn't waste anytime breaking it in. Drew was so excited to get in it for the first time and "talked" about it the entire ride. He doesn't mind the stroller but we thought the wagon would be a nice alternative for short walks. They went on sale at Target and I got the last one! Whoo hoo! As you can see in the picture, Drew and Bailey did a little switcheroo during our stroll. I stopped to talk to some neighbors, Drew got bored and somehow got out (he was buckled up) and Bailey (who never misses a chance to be lazy) jumped in. So much for her losing 3 pounds! Anyway, the neighbors got a kick out of seeing Drew and I pull Bailey around.
_____________________________________________________
Drew may have had more fun at the Little Gym today than ever before. They used all of his favorite props including the parachute, balls, bells and bubbles. He likes when we run under the parachute and close the sides like a tent so he kept trying to do that before it was time. It was quite precious! I heard a lady tell one of the Dad's that "Drew is such a blast" and another Mom told me Drew is such a happy baby. It made me smile to know others notice his joy!
_____________________________________________________
I have to mention my torturous day yesterday. The registration on our car expired so I needed to get new plates in North Carolina. In order to do so I had to get a NC drivers license. To my surprise, I had to take the written driving test before getting one! What??? I haven't taken a driving test since getting my learners permit at 14 in Biloxi, MS. I passed but let's just say it was a close call. Being the sweet wife I am, I asked for study materials so George can refresh his memory before taking the test. After getting my hideous picture taken I was on my way to the license registration office (not sure why they weren't even remotely close to one another) for more fun! After waiting in line for 30 minutes I found out that George had to be there too because both of our names are on the Louisiana title. Are we having fun yet? I left Drew at home because it was nap time and I thought the outing may be a quick one. Who was I kidding, anything involving the DMV is never quick. So George and Drew headed out to meet me and I got back in line and let people cut until George arrived. Drew was bored while we filled out the paperwork so I let him have the pen that hangs on a string attached to the counter. Within 2 seconds he had marked all over George's shirt. The look I got from George wasn't pretty. When we finally wrapped up there I figured it was best to go ahead and get the car inspected so everything would be complete. That added another hour to my long outing. They actually inspect the car here, a full 30 minutes, not just a test of the horn and brakes like they do in Louisiana and Mississippi. Gosh I miss Baton Rouge sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.