Friday, March 14, 2008

First big fall :(

Drew cools off with a yummy popsicle.
Drew shares his snacks with Bailey. He grabs two goldfish at a time, one for him and one for the diva. She takes them from his hand so gently, they are so sweet to each other!
___________________________________________________
Drew got hurt pretty bad at the playground yesterday. The left side of his face and head are pretty torn up. He fell down a couple of steps and his face hit first. He was so tough and cried less than I did. He didn't even want to leave the park! I was standing right next to him when he fell but couldn't catch him fast enough. Guess it doesn't do much good to follow his every move. I didn't take any pictures of him that show the sores because I don't want his grandparents to see them. On a funny note, another person thought Drew was a girl at the park! He was wearing the same outfit that he wore last time it happened - blue pants and a shirt that is monogrammed Drew! This time he was wearing blue Crocks as well! Ha! I didn't correct the lady but after she said "She sure is tough, she got right up and starting running again." I said, "Yes he is, guess it looks worse than it feels." She picked up on the "he" and called him "he" about fifteen times after that. She must have felt bad. Like I've mentioned in the past, I don't mind at all that people think he's a girl. I just think it's strange that they think a girl would be dressed in all blue with the name Drew monogrammed across the chest. Sure, there is Drew Barrymore but that's the only female Drew I know of.
__________________________________________________
The big fall hasn't kept Drewby from wanting to play outside. He heads for his wagon every time I open the door. He also likes watching the older boys in the neighborhood play outside. Today he watched them on a trampoline and did his usual "ooooooohhhhhh" when they did something cool. He ran around the yard picking up all of their soccer and wiffle balls screaming "ball, ball, ball, ball!
__________________________________________________
Happy Friday to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.