Monday, March 10, 2008

Fun stuff with Drew

Drew's fashion show!
Drew and I in a fire truck.

Drew's much-loved fireman's hat! He was headed for the door stopper. All the fun things in the firehouse garage and he kept going for that. Well, that and the fire hoses.



We've been having so much fun with Drew! We had a little Spring fashion show Sunday with the new clothes we got him on our trip. If you have good eyes you will see that shirt is a 3T!!! It's a little too big but the smaller size wouldn't last him through May. He wasn't near as big of fan of the fashion show as I was so we only got pictures of the first outfit. He's such a little man! The hat and sandals crack me up! Drew and I went to Harris Teeter yesterday for some necessities and a balloon. He said "Ba Ba Ba Ba" all through the store so an associate grabbed one for him. Unfortunately he let go of the balloon in the parking lot and we had to watch it fly away. He didn't cry but the look on his face showed his devastation. He just watched it get smaller and smaller until he could no longer see it. He turned his head around and faced the same direction all the way home. I probably should have gone back in and gotten him another one but I was about to wet my pants and wanted to get home. It's such an issue going to the bathroom in a public place with a toddler because there isn't anywhere to put him. The cart won't fit in the stall so I have to take him out of it. I worry that he'll touch something dirty (which is anything in sight!) or heaven forbid fall down (yuk!) and so I have learned to hold him while I tinkle. It works best when wearing elastic waistband pants but I've succeed with jeans as well. I can even wash my hands and his with him on my hip. Anyway, I've totally switched gears and you're probably thinking, "geez Stacy, TMI!" When we got home we had a nice family afternoon watching Caddyshack. Drew laughed at all of the funny parts although I'm pretty sure he was laughing at us laughing and not at Spalding.
Today we joined the Cary Mom's Club at a local fire station for a tour. Drew was bored during the Fire Safety video so used that time to practice getting in and out of the chair. He only had one tumble and we snuck outside while he cried in order not to disturb the older kids practicing Stop, Drop and Roll. The tour itself was a big hit and Drew even got his own fireman's hat! We went to the park after that and he wore me out wanting to slide non-stop. I have to carry him up the steps because I can't trust him not to tumble down. Luckily another Mom was willing to catch him at the bottom so I didn't have to rush down to do so. We didn't stay too long because I saw him fish a cheese cracker out of the mulch and grab another kids' sippy cup. I figured he was ready for lunch so we headed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.