Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Booda Beans - what a genius idea!

Drew crowded at Sam's Club. He's not budging from the Super Pretzels!
Bailey poses on the staircase. I think that is such a pretty picture of her!
Drew takes a seat on our bed rail. He thought it was so fun and kept going back to our room to do it again.
_______________________________________________
This week is off to a great start! On Monday Drew and I met some friends from the Cary Mom's club at Booda Beans, a coffee shop with a kids play area! It's my new favorite place! I don't drink coffee but they have yummy bagels and other treats. The play area is right in the center of the tables so the kids are never out of sight. They had every toy in the world including a kitchen set, tons of trains, a chalkboard, the whole nine yards. I was only planning on staying an hour but Drew was having so much fun that me spent most of the morning there. One time when I checked on him I noticed his shirt was all wet. I couldn't imagine what that was from (it's the first week in many that he's not teething!) but then I noticed he was playing with a couple of cars and that the moisture was flying from his mouth while doing his motor noises. That's his most recent obsession. He drives his cars all over and makes the most precious and creative sounds.


Today we ran tons of errands and came home exhausted. I kept making stops because Drew seemed to be having a good time. We were way overdue for a Sam's Club trip so got that out of the way. Boy, did we get some stuff! I felt bad when I had to start putting items next to Drew in the cart. He didn't mind though and he spent most the time trying to open things. The fun ended on the way to the car when 115 double rolls of Bounty Select-a-Size kept falling out of the cart and I got really aggravated. I ended up carrying three or fours things in one arm while trying to steer the heavy cart with the other. I don't think I could have chosen a further parking spot! This evening we went for a family trip to Goodberry's Frozen Custard. Yum, yum! We finally found some ice cream Drew will eat!


I'm super excited this week because my best friend Angel is coming to visit Thursday!!! My free time (what free time?) has been spent cleaning the house and car to get ready for her. I wasn't about to pick her up at the airport with the car in such a mess. I found at least a dozen Goldfish crackers while vacuuming it out. I assume Drew just throws them around when I'm not looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.