Sunday, April 13, 2008

We had such a nice weekend! Friday we met my sister and her family for a yummy dinner in Chapel Hill and sat outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. Every week I discover another great location for shopping and eating. They are on every corner! Drew really enjoyed eating outside because it gave him a chance to see everyone come and go. He wanted to get out of the high chair toward the end of dinner so I took him out and he walked right up to some college girls and totally flirted! He smiled at them and his precious blue eyes were sparkling. The minute they looked at him he put his head down and then slowly looked back up and smiled. The girls ate it up of course and one girl even said "Oh my gosh, I can't wait to have kids. He's so cute!"
Saturday afternoon I left the boys (and Bailey) and joined some friends for girls night. We had a great time catching up, eating dinner and staying up till 2am chatting like 11 year olds. It was tons of fun! George assumed I drank too much when I didn't get home till almost noon today but I swear we had switched to milk and cookies by 9:30 pm. We just got to talking and stayed up too late. George, Drew and Bailey had a fun day and I got 5 or 6 updates via text message. I always get a kick out of that when I'm gone. George sends the cutest updates about what they are doing and what Drew ate or didn't eat. Some of yesterday's messages include, "Guess who slept 3 hours and woke up perfect?" I would have guessed Drew, Bailey or even George on that one but figured it must have been Drew. "Just went on wagon ride. Neighbors outside so Drew played with Preston." Preston lives behind us and is 6 days younger than Drew. Before we met him everyone told us that Drew and Preston would hit it off because they were the same size. Yep, Preston's a big boy too! And lastly "Drew just wolfed dinner. Being perfect. May go for ice cream after Masters." They always do fun stuff like go for ice cream when I'm not around :(
This afternoon Drew and I met my sister and niece for a little shopping. It started off fine but then Drew spotted a Balloon at TJ Maxx that was part of a display. He was mad as a wet hen that I wouldn't let him have it and just as he was calming down he spotted a ball on the ground. I wouldn't give that to him either because I know he throws balls and I didn't want anything to break. Well, Drew continued to get more and more upset and didn't relax even when I told him he was embarrassing me. Guess he didn't care. After attempting to calm him down with goldfish crackers, a banana and anything fun I could grab off the shelves, he was still fit to be tied. Therefore, we said a quick goodbye and left the store. I was mad at him on the way home so didn't do my normal talking and singing to him. He pouted (which he does so cute!) and then snapped out of it when we got home and he saw George and a couple of guys watching the Masters. Drew charmed them instantly and they were complimenting his demeanor in no time. They may have been singing a different tune had they seen Drew break ugly at TJ Maxx 30 minutes earlier!
Drew rides on Aunt Cristie's shoulder at dinner Friday. Fun, fun!!!
Drew leans in for a kiss!
My niece Whitley and I.
Drew is tuning in to the conversation at the next table.



Quick video of Drew kissing Whitley at Kohls. He ususally kisses her multiple times but was a little preoccuped with all of the clothes he wanted to pull off the rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.