Friday, May 2, 2008

Funny Friday!

Drew discovers ketchup. He kept dipping the fries and slurping
the ketchup. Kind of gross! He thought the paper Chevy filled with his grilled
cheese was really cool!
Drew gives the "customer in training" cart a spin around Harris Teeter.
Drew stole Grandma's sun visor!
Drew sports his new pj's. The boxer shorts are hilarious!
We had tons of laughs today! It just seemed like funny things kept happening. I was talking to one of our neighbors when her kids asked if they could play with some of their toys in the water. She filled a tupperware crate from her garage with water and let them have at it. It wasn't long before both of them were stark naked and getting in the crate! I told her it made a great redneck pool and we just laughed and laughed. It was the most ridiculous sight! The fun ended when one of them sat on the edge of the pool, it tipped over and the water poured out. My neighbor asked to borrow our jogging stroller for a philanthropy walk tomorrow and when I took it over there Bailey jumped in the basket at the bottom. She knows that's her spot so it didn't phase me but the kids thought it was hilarious and pushed her around the backyard. Bailey gave me the "rescue me now!" look but everyone was having so much fun that I made her suffer for a few minutes. Then I walked back home to find a man leaving my front lawn. Bailey was trailing my heels so she walked toward him barking. He jumped back about 5 feet like a mountain lion was about to attack him. Guess her size and fangs scared him. Then he looked at me and with all seriousness asked if she was a Basset Hound!!! It took all I had not to respond with, "of course not, can't you see she's a Golden Retriever?" but I politely corrected him. Isn't a miniature Dachshund a dog most people recognize? Kind of like a Beagle or a Lab or even a Basset Hound? Anyway, he was just dropping off a notice informing us that our street will be paved next week. George's Mom came to visit today and brought Drew lots of cute clothes. When I opened the striped pajamas with boxer shorts we about lost it! They are so silly and cute and Drew was proud to wear them! Drew wearing the sun visor and pushing his very own cart around the grocery store brought us many laughs as well! A funny Friday it was!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.