Monday, May 26, 2008

A Loooong weekend!

Do I look cool in Mommy's shades?Am I cute or what?
Stylin'! I brought a few hats to the pool and this is all that would work. As soon as he notices a hat is on his head, he pulls it off. I had to put the cap on backwards so he wouldn't see the visor part. It didn't cover his face but at least it kept the top of his head from getting sunburned.
We had such a fun Memorial Day weekend but we're so exhausted. We only planned to get together with some friends Saturday evening but the rest of the weekend filled up too. We had dinner out Friday night which ended badly. Drew and I left the restaurant early because he broke ugly. In his defense the waitress just started working there that day and we were her first table! The luck! Anyway, it took forever to get the food and Drew was irritable and tired. George must have felt bad that I had to leave a meal and cold beer behind so he came home with flowers and a movie and we enjoyed the rest of the evening. Saturday we took a family trip to the mall for more house stuff. I swear it never ends! Every time I check one thing off the list I end up adding another. We got new display towels for our bathroom but now we need a new bathmat- ugh! We had dinner with our neighborhood friends Saturday night and Drew had a blast playing with his buddies. We got up Sunday and decided to hit the pool for the first time. Well, let me re-phrase that... Drew and I got up and decided to hit the pool and woke George up at 10am to tell him we were leaving. He didn't want to miss the fun so came with us. What fun it was! Drew wasn't a huge fan of the water because it was still chilly but loved playing with the water toys and playing with the other kids. We ate lunch poolside which Drew thought was cool. We ran into some neighbors at the pool and decided to get together for dinner Sunday night as well. I was in charge of food for the kiddies so I had it easy this time around. Luckily they don't mind eating hotdogs two days in a row! We were really dragging this morning but Drew and I managed to take a long walk and he slept the whole time. We ate dinner with some friends this evening and since they don't have kids it was hard to keep Drew entertained at their house. I brought a few things and he stayed busy for quite a while but then he spotted coasters on the coffee table. He just had to have them! They weren't breakable but I still didn't want him slinging them around the house. Overall, he was good and remained a trooper even when his bedtime came and went. He came up to me right at 8pm and hugged and kissed me which is his way of saying he's ready for bed. So sweet! One of the girls there was pregnant and wanted to hold him so he went to her but then busted out in tears! I felt so bad for both of them. Tears started flowing down Drew's face immediately and his bottom lip was quivering like crazy. He was just tired and wanted me but everyone made fun of her. It was pretty funny to see a pregnant woman be rejected by a baby. We got home not too long ago and we're all pooped! Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.