Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope you had a good one! We went to the pool Friday morning and then our neighborhood had a party in the evening. Unfortunately, it ended suddenly when a bad storm hit. We still enjoyed ourselves for a couple of hours and Drew had a blast playing with the other kids and doing a sun visor craft. Actually, I enjoyed decorating the sun visor and had to keep Drew from wiggling out of my lap the whole time. He was much more interested in the faster-paced activities going on like tricycle races. He also made up a game of his own, I guess it's called "run in circles around the man-hole cover until you fall down and then get up and do it again." That kept him busy for at least ten minutes so I was finally able to engage in a conversation. I had just introduced myself to a new couple in the neighborhood when Drew got bored with the man-hole game and found a Barbie Hot Wheels. He jumped right in of course so I had to run off and supervise while mumbling a "Nice to meet you." George was manning the grill so wasn't able to help much with Drew. At first I thought it was nice of him to volunteer for that job but then I began to think that he outsmarted me and knew chasing Drew was going to be a lot harder than standing over a hot grill. Hmmm. A few fireworks went off before the storm hit and Drew proved to be a good audience with his "oooohs" and "ahhhhs!" Here's a few photos from the night...
Drew and his friends eat at one of the kids tables.
Yummy dessert! Drew didn't finish it so shared it with Stella. She made quite a mess...
Drew and Stella. He was so grossed out by her mess that he took back his invitation to Panther Creek High School's prom of 2024.
"What do you mean I'm too young for a tricycle?"
That's not a night sky, it's a wicked storm that crept up on us and cut the party short. Good thing someone offered to host late night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.