Thursday, January 24, 2008

Drew's first JD meal!

Drew with an ice cream cone at Jason's Deli. This was his first and last lick. He hated it. We were surprised because he doesn't dislike any food!


Good news! Bailey had a follow up appointment and the Vet thinks she'll make a full recovery without surgery! We're so happy. She has improved a lot and even swapped wet kisses with Drew yesterday :) She hasn't done that since she's been ill. We're supposed to start taking her on short walks in a week or two so she can start getting strength back in her legs. She should be 100% in another 4-8 weeks. Yippie for Bailey (and our bank account!).

Drew's semester at The Little Gym started Wednesday. He walked in the building and ran straight for the "Little Birds room." That's where his age group meets. I know, it's a corny name but he seems to think it's cool so I keep my chuckles to a minimum. I couldn't believe he remembered the place from three weeks ago but I guess it made a big impression on him. He and the other birds spent 45 exhausting minutes (for me, not him) listening to music and doing all kids of fun activities. I, on the other hand, worked up a sweat like I had been running in August heat and humidity. I'm beginning to think this Little Gym idea is a way to get Mom's to work out with the false impression we're doing something great for our kids. Drew did a good job the entire session except for when the teacher instructed the kids to roll a ball. Drew just wanted to throw the ball. She kept handing him balls and asking him to roll them. He of course continued to heave them across the room. I finally decided to have Drew sit that activity out but when the birds are ready for a ball throwing lesson, Drew is all over that!


Drew had his first meal at Jason's Deli yesterday. Like his Mother, he loved it! We'll have to make that a regular occasion because their kids menu is a great deal! Drew got a huge grilled cheese (that George finished), fruit (that I finished) and a small drink (which I filled with sweet tea and drank) all for $1.99.

We have a family friend visiting this evening so I have to start getting this place cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.