Wednesday, January 2, 2008

First day on the job


Today is what I'm considering my first day as a stay-at-home Mom because George started back to work. I did a great job if I do say so myself. I even brought a hot breakfast of egg, sausage and cheese casserole to George in his office! Hope he doesn't get used to it because I only had something to serve him thanks to my sweet Aunt Mary who sent us home with leftovers from her New Year's Day brunch. Tomorrow he gets bran flakes. I took Bailey out this morning to discover the coldest day yet! She only stayed out long enough to do her business and then ran inside and high jumped into her bed. She snuggled under the covers and hasn't moved all day except when her meals were served. Drew and I had a great time playing with all of his new toys and then decided to venture out to run some errands. We didn't stay long because I heard a girl squeal "it's snowing!" while I was rummaging through the leftover holiday goodies at Hallmark. You've got to be kidding! I bundled Drew up in his new winter coat and we ran for the car. I was afraid it was going to come down harder and I haven't driven in snow since, well, ever so didn't want to risk it. I fed Drew lunch when we got home and then he took a nap. Before I knew it the "work" day was over. I had a long to-do list and only marked off a couple of things. I would say tomorrow will be more productive but we're expecting our new fridge and sectional so it sounds like a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.