Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George and I from our seats
The Sore Thumb
Herman and I on Bourbon St.
Ward, George and I at the Cat's Meow


I know I started a blog to share stories and pictures of Drew but this post is all about the LSU Tigers!!! George and I just got back from New Orleans and are still on cloud nine! What an amazing experience to be in the Dome for a sporting event like that. Let me stop and say thanks to our best friend Ward for helping us get tickets. You're the best Ward and we miss you so much! George and I flew to New Orleans Monday with only a very small duffel bag in hand. I felt like a college freshman on spring break. It was a great feeling! We didn't have any concrete plans, we just wanted to have tons of fun and see the Tigers win! We succeeded!


Trip highlights:
- LSU's win of course
- On time flights - thanks Express Jet!
- Tailgating at The Sore Thumb, our friends' school bus converted to LSU party bus. Check it out in the picture! Is that a tailgate or what?
- Tailgating with Ward, the Brawders and other friends at Tiger One.
- Lunch with my good friend Cristina before we departed today.
- Picture with Left Guard Herman Johnson on Burbon Street. I think it was one of his lowlights of the night though. Is it me or does he look scared to death in the photo? By the way, I'm on my tippy toes just trying to be in the same frame as him. That's one huge dude!
- Did I mention LSU's victory? Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!


Trip lowlights:
- Missing Drew
- George forbidding me from singing "Here I Go Again On My Own" by Whitesnake at the Cat's Meow.
- George forbidding me from singing "Hurts So Good" by John Mellencap at the Cat's Meow.
- George forbidding me from singing anything at the Cat's Meow.
- Ward's heinous smelling hotel room. Did you find a dead animal in there?
- Four golden girls (not the LSU dancing kind either) sitting next to us at the game. Seriously, why would four 75 year old women go to a game like that? They didn't cheer or stand up once, all they did was ask us to move so they could get by for restroom breaks and more nachos.


We stayed out till after 5am which is the latest I've been up since 2001! We were so happy to be back in New Orleans, even for such a short trip. There really is no place like it! Our favorite sign? "Hotter Women, Better Food, Faster Players" It was a trip of a lifetime and we're so glad we went. LSU Football is the best and we're already looking forward to a trip to Baton Rouge for a home game in '08! Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!



Thank you Lynne for your hospitality, toiletries and friendship!



Drew stayed with my Mom at my sister's house and had a blast. According to my Mom, his CC, he was "perfect!" How was Drew today? Perfect! Did he eat well? Perfect! How was he when you put him down for a nap? Perfect! What's he doing now? Being perfect! Looks like CC would watch him again in the future! Way to go Drew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.