Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!





















One of my New Year's resolutions is to start a blog. It's January 1st and I'm hitting the ground running. I hope I'm as eager to keep it updated as I am to get going! I decided to do a blog in hopes of keeping family and friends updated on Drew and our new venture to Cary, NC. Enjoy!

We got off to a rocky start with the move. As you know, we were expecting our second child and lost the pregnancy in early December. To say we were devasted is a huge understatement. I felt helpless, numb and lonely despite a wonderful support system. Things have gotten better the past couple of weeks and I'm hoping they continue to do so.

On to happier things....

Drew had his 1st birthday December 12th and my sweet Mom and sister put a little party together for him with cupcakes and other goodies. Drew had a blast and discovered a serious love for balloons! We also had a wonderful Christmas with George's Mom and my parents in Myrtle Beach. It was relaxing and fun which was just what we needed! We came back "home" to more good times with my sister Cristie, Tom, and my sweet and beautiful niece Whitley. Then our family from Happiesburg, MS (some of you may know it as Hattiesburg) came to North Carolina and the fun continued. We had three straight days of get togethers with loved ones. It was a memorable holiday season!

Drew really enjoyed Christmas, opening just about every toy available at Target, Wally, and Toys 'R Us. You name it, he got it! One of the many HUGE hits was a tunnel. You can see him enjoying it in the picture above. What could be more fun to a 1 year old than going in and out of a tunnel? Going in and out of a tunnel with a grandparent beaming with love and excitement at the end, that's what! "What Drew wants, Drew gets" was the Christmas motto! I can't blame them, I pretty much live by the same motto and I'm with him 24/7.

We really like our new home and look forward to settling in. We are eager to buy furniture and get everything finished. Too bad George and I both detest furniture shopping. Something about shopping with Drew doesn't make it any easier. You know you've hit your limit when you see the sign that reads "supervised children welcome" and then walk in and put a one year old boy on the ground to run free. Yes, I am that parent! All the years I critized others for not taking control of their kids in public and I let Drew pretty much terrorize the furniture (and associates). When it came down to it, he only destroyed a couple of sale signs and popped one balloon. No harm done really.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! Please visit the new Davis Family blog and keep us updated on you and yours as well. Until next time...

Oops, one more thing! How could I forget to mention Bailey? She is doing great. George put both of her beds by floor heat vents in our new home and she got plenty of ham scraps from my Dad at Christmas. It doesn't get any better than that for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.