Monday, January 28, 2008

X Games

My boys watching the Winter-X Games.

Does Drew look serious or what??? And don't you love that position? He is all man! Drew is heavy into the Winter-X games! It's as good as Sesame Street to him. Excuse George's droopy eyes, he has strep throat. He's been sick for a few weeks and although CVS appreciated his business, the daily trips to buy worthless over-the-counter meds had to stop! I found the address for a walk-in clinic and sent him there Sunday morning . The Doctor diagnosed him with strep immediately. He got two shots in the rear, a Z Pack and some other good stuff. Why is Drew in his lap you wonder? Well, after keeping the two of them apart for so long, my helpful neighbor told me tots can't get strep because their tonsils aren't fully developed. Not sure if that's true but I fell for it long enough to leave them and take a quick shower.

Drew and I spent a big part of today at my sweet Aunt Mary's house. Her Mother-in-Law died so we went by to drop off a casserole. Aunt Mary was hosting dinner for the family tonight so we hung around to help out in the kitchen. Drew was a sweetie the whole time and hopefully brought some smiles to those in pain. We all got a big laugh when I put his pj's on for the ride home. I knew he would fall asleep in the car since it was an hour past bedtime so I changed him before we left. I guess it's been awhile since I cleaned out the diaper bag because the pj's were a wee bit too small! Poor kid, his shoulders were bent forward and he couldn't straighten his legs because the jammies were three inches too short. We all laughed and laughed while he tried to walk but continued to fall. I told my Mom about it and she asked if we hurt Drew's feelings by laughing at him? Is that a smitten Grandmother or what?!?! As I sit here and type I am picturing Drew curled up in those tight pj's. Part of me thinks a good Mother would change him into bigger ones but the other part of me thinks a good Mother would just let the baby sleep. If he wakes up with a busted zipper I'll know I should have changed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.