Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A not-so-exciting outing

Close up of Drew as he races for the camera. I need a faster shutter.

Drew and I went to the opening of a Harris Teeter right by our house today. Harris Teeter is an overpriced grocery store for those of you that aren't familiar with it. When I worked on grand openings at Capital One Bank I used to wonder why anyone came to those silly events. Now I know why. They have kids and don't have anything better to do. From previous Harris Teeter shopping experiences I know they give balloons to all of the kids, which Drew loves, so I figured it was worth the stop just for that. It's a good thing we didn't have our hopes up because the balloon was about all we got. I was offerred a swallow-size sample of the Starbucks special of the day and we got a coupon for ten bucks off a prescription refill. Whoopty-doo! You would think that charging $4.00 for Dora the Explorer yogurt would at least afford a face painter. Harris Teeter doesn't have anything on Capital One Bank that's for sure!

We went to a playdate this morning. It wasn't what I had in mind since Drew mostly wanted me to hold him and I was expecting to chat with the other Mom's while he played. He was the youngest so I think it took him a while to warm up to the group. We're going to another one tomorrow so maybe he'll enjoy it more.

Bailey is the same. She's not better but luckily she's not any worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.